Chapter 11

Lucas

By the time Lucas sat down at a table in the dining hall to have lunch with his friends, he didn't see or hear once from Luna that day.
She had texted him last night that she was basically buried in work. He had seen the message late and responded, but she never texted back.

Lucas had written her after his first class today that he wanted to see her, but she had still not responded, nor read his messages. He was starting to get worried, she never did that.
Luna always responded, so something had to have happened that she didn't.

Suddenly a thought went through his mind, what if she had been kidnapped by Malcolm? What if he just took her and locked her up? She had no way to tell him that, and he was sitting here while anything could be happening to her.
Or what if her parents responded and wanted to meet with her? What if Luna went?
No, she wouldn't do that without informing him.

"You're okay?" Wyatt asked and sat down next to him. He went to eat his lunch straight away while Lucas had sat there several minutes and just picked around in his food without taking a bite. Lucas ran his hand through his brown hair, leaned back in his chair, and took out his phone.

"What's going on?" Wyatt tried to make him talk.
"Luna's not responding to me. Something's wrong," he answered and called her. She should be out of class now, and if he had any more patience, he would see her in a few minutes, but he didn't have that kind of patience.

It rung, once, twice.
"Maybe she put it on mute and just had a busy day until now?" Wyatt suggested.
It rung a third time, a fourth time, and by the fifth time, her mailbox went on.
"Luna, I'm worried. Call me back as soon as you can," he left a message.

But that's not what he wanted. He wanted to speak to her, see her, make sure she was safe, not leave a fucking message on her mailbox without any knowledge where she even was.
Another tray was set in front of him. Shortly after, Jayson sat down in front of him.

"What do you want?" Lucas had no nerve to handle him right now.
"Seems like Luna's sick of you," he said instead and nodded to Lucas' phone that was still in his hand. He had heard it and put one and one together. Though he was wrong. Luna was not mad, he was sure about that. He didn't do anything to upset her either. Something just happened.
"You'll see. Soon she will come back to me, knowing who will treat her good."

Lucas huffed. "You'r serious? Accept she moved on and that I won't give her away, ever. Find somebody else, but leave her alone, Luna's taken."
"That's why she's not responding right now?" Lucas had no reply to that. He didn't know what was going on and saying it wasn't that, won't get him anywhere. Jayson won't believe him.

"Even if they're arguing, they're not gonna break up. Luna loves Lucas, loves how he makes her feel precious. I think that's not something you made her feel. After all, you left her because she didn't give you sex," Wyatt came to his help and hit the point. "Now, you want her back because she's giving it to Lucas?"

That last sentence turned Jayson's eyes red in an instant. Of course, he didn't know that Luna and Lucas had made love. Several times actually, and every time was perfect. But Lucas wouldn't use that to fuel Jayson further. It was private and he would not talk about how Luna was in bed.

"That's not true," Brandon, Jayson's best friend and Reyna's ex, came to his help. He put his tray down next to Jayson's and took a seat. Not like anyone asked him to.
"That's so true," Wyatt argued.
"She never ignored me, always texted back immediately," Jayson said, leaning back and smirking at Lucas. "Like I said, you will see how she will leave you very soon, and then Luna will be all mine. I make sure, she will love me like no one else."

"Luna's never going to go back to you," Reyna stated as she and Natalie sat down next to Brandon. Emma walked around the table to sit with Wyatt. "I mean, Lucas already scores with his good looks, and I never saw Luna this happy before."