Chapter 75

Lucas 

"Ready for the second attempt?" Charlie asked Jackson with a grin.
They had gotten a few hours of sleep before starting their day. Luna, Reyna and Natalie had it the worst. Work at the café and gallery started early that day for them and finding a substitute last minute was impossible.

Luna had sneaked out of bed and left without him noticing, which would've never worked if he hadn't been so exhausted.
The girls had later met to get ready and Wyatt and Lucas were convinced that Reyna's sole purpose was to ensure they would suffer.

Reyna had put Emma in high-waisted white pants, a black crop top with a sweetheart neckline and gold chain straps, and a black coat, matched with black heels and a gold chain around her waist.

Lucas wished he could say that she held back with Luna. His girlfriend wore a strapless, mid-thigh black dress that lay like a second skin on her body. Her waist was covered in black lace leading to her breasts, covered in thick black material, and were also found between the cut out on the front of her thigh. The dress was matched with elegant black ankle boots and a black leather jacket.

Yeah, no. Reyna didn't make it easy for him.

They now sat together with Charlie, Jackson, and Nicholas in two booths, drinks in front of them. Lucas had wrapped his arm around Luna and pulled her into his side. He matched Luna's all black outfit with his black pants and black shirt.

Opposite of them sat Reyna and Natalie. Reyna in an all black outfit, consisting of leather pants, a bralette top, and a mesh long-sleeve blouse with black dots on it. Natalie wore a white skirt with a dark green top and a light green mesh blouse with daisies printed on them above it.

"Alright," Jackson sighed and got up to address them all, "I believe this was one of the hardest missions we've ever dealt with. It wasn't easy, it was dangerous, and it required great courage." He looked over to Luna.

Luna, who had practically betrayed her family, giving them information about them to protect thousands of lives, to get them. It wasn't easy to do such a thing.

Jackson looked into the round. "From all of us, and I can say that we all did a great job and worked hard, though Charlie could have worked a little harder."

"I should seriously ask for a transfer," Charlie said, rolling his eyes at Jackson's comment.
"Oh shut up, you love us," Lucas stated the obvious with a fat grin.
"You less than them," Charlie countered and Lucas brought his free hand to his chest, acting hurt. The others more than amused by their joking exchange.

"May I go on?" The two men nodded like good children. "It's like they sat. This mission has... not created friendships, you did that on your own, but it has strengthened them, brought us all closer together and formed a new family. You all have contri-"

"Hold on. You're forgetting about them," Wyatt interrupted Jackson, indicating with his head to Lucas and Luna. Wyatt and Emma sat to their backs in the other booth. "After all, we shouldn't forget it took Lucas more courage to ask Luna out than to look Malcolm dead in the eye."

Lucas hit his best friend on the head, who simply laughed.
"I remind you none of your tips would've worked."
"It worked on her," Wyatt countered looking at Emma, who leaned in for a kiss.

Lucas turned his gaze to his own girl, she smiled brightly at him and connected their foreheads.
"You're right. How could I forget these two when they're inseparable." Their relationship wasn't based on this one mission alone, there was a lot more to it, but this mission made them spent a lot more time with each other.

Grow close very fast, trust each other. He just wished it would stay this way forever. Him telling her about missions, her helping when she can, them falling asleep in his office, surprising each other and relying on each to be there.