Chapter 61

Lucas

Lucas walked in front of Emma and Wyatt, excited to see his girlfriend. Natalie beside him was just as excited. The three had come to his work, convincing him that it was vital to go to Sweet Café and have coffee and cake close to ten p.m. A late night snack, they said, though he felt like if they still were there by midnight, they would have another.

Not that he could complain, he got to see Luna who would have to work until one p.m. and go home tired. He offered to pick her up, but she declined, saying she would never get to sleep if he was there and she was exhausted from the day.

"Will you buy me Luna's red velvet cake?" Emma asked Wyatt, making him chuckle.
"Sure. As much as you want," he replied, kissing her forehead.
"Oh, that's dangerous," Emma said, but Lucas wasn't really listening to him.

There was commotion inside of the café. Through the glass windows and door they could see Luna standing in front of the counter, a businessman in front of her, talking to her rather aggressively. Lucas held back the want to storm in there and get him far away from her.

Natalie opened the door, the voices came out clear and loud now.
"Asked if everything was to her liking. She was more than happy, I do not understand how-"
Before he could even understand what was happening, the man rose his hand and slapped Luna across the face, the impact causing her to hit the ground.

Lucas rushed to them, so did everyone else.
He pushed the man away from her and knelt down, placing his hands gently on Luna's shoulders. He tried to get her attention, but she looked passed him. Not to the man or anyone else. She was looking right through him as if he wasn't there.

"One step closer and I swear by the goddess I will wipe the floor with your stupid ass tailored suit!" Reyna gritted out, emphasising every damn word. Yeah, no one was going to mess with Luna's best friend.

Julie couldn't kneel down easily with her bad knee, but the worry was visible. Worry and anger. That woman was at least half as protective as Reyna. "Is she alright?" she asked Lucas, who cradled Luna's little body in his arms.
"Luna," he whispered, no reaction, not even holding on to him.

"This is unbelievable. How dare you speak like that to me," the man fired back at Reyna, who was nowhere fazed by that.
"No! How dare you shout and raise your hand at my best friend?"

"Luna, come on, look at me," he shook her little body to get her attention. He was sure that this wasn't a vision. It was a panic attack, it was pure anxiety. The way her body shivered, her temperature dropped, how her eyes were wide open, but she wasn't there, the way tears spilled, the way her breathing was uneven.

"It's not Luna's fucking fault you are a prick and your daughter didn't tell you about her sexual orientation, gender or whatever. Now go get your wife and have it fucking confirmed because my girl did nothing wrong," Reyna's voice rung, the only reason why Lucas hadn't already taught this man a lesson for hitting a woman.

He brushed back Luna's hair, bend down to kiss her forehead. "Pull out of it, love. You're safe, I'm here," he whispered again. Still no reaction.
Wyatt and Natalie were at his side, worry mirroring in their expressions too while Emma stood next to Reyna, ready to pick a fight if needed.

"I will report this and you will-"
"You. Hit. Her," Reyna bit out. "Everyone here can confirm that Luna has been overly nice to you and did nothing to upset you. You picked the fight, you laid hands on her and honestly you already fucked up. He," Reyna pointed at Lucas, "is not only her boyfriend but also an ARIA agent, who saw how you hit her."

Reyna was right, he had seen it, had heard Luna's soft voice, trying her best to solve the problem calmly. The man was at wrong and he would make sure a complaint went out, even if Luna said no. No one was getting away with hurting her physically and that in his presence.