Chapter 6

Luna 

Wednesday afternoon Luna walked into the ARIA headquarters knowing exactly that Lucas was at college. She wasn't looking for him, she was looking for Jackson, or Nicholas. She wasn't sure whether Charlie would do what she was about to ask for.

By the angels, maybe not even Nicholas or Jackson are going to do it. After all, it's not like she had any right to ask for it. She just hoped they would help her. And her hope was high.
The three men weren't at their usual spot and she couldn't find them anywhere. Therefore, there were a lot of other agents and she wondered if she could get in trouble for just walking in here.

She was not an agent and all the other times she had been with Lucas or went straight to him. But then again, they saw her with him and the other three, so it should be okay, right?
Not wanting to figure that out, she started to walk to Jackson's office. Luckily, she managed to find the way and knocked on the door.

She sighed relieved when she heard him call her in.
Jackson sat behind his desk and worked on the computer. Surprise mirrored in his expression as he glanced up and saw her. Surprise and then confusion.
"I think Lucas is still at college if you're looking for him," Jackson said. She shifted from one foot to the other and biting her lip.

"I know. I was looking for you," she finally said. "I need a favor."
"Okay. Do you wanna sit and tell me how I can help?" Jackson leaned back and crossed his legs. Luna didn't take the seat he offered. For one, if he agreed they probably would leave his office, and for two, the half vampire half werewolf was soft, but scary. She didn't know him good enough to judge how he would react.

"Lucas' mother died like twenty years ago and we found out that someone murdered her. Lucas wanted to figure out who it did once this mission was done," she started.
"Yeah, he told me about that," Jackson confirmed. "You want to help him on that." She nodded.
"I wanted to ask for his mother's file. It's the only point you could start at. At least what I can think of," she asked for the favor.

It was something that Reyna had said that made her think of it.
She was focusing on herself because she valued the time she had. It would be good for Lucas to focus on himself and find out what exactly happened back then, and he had the time to do so now. They were only training with Caleb and keeping an eye on Sam and Tresha.

Luna had no issue with taking over Lucas' tasks if it meant he could work on his mother's case. He deserved to have answers and he deserved not to wait for them.

She knew Jackson might say no. She had no right to have that file, or read it. And she knew Jackson wasn't allowed to just give her the file.

He straightened in his seat and intertwined his hands. He looked serious, but he was considering what she asked for.
"You're right. It's a good starting point." He contemplate it for another minute before he sighed and got up. "Follow me."

He lead her through the headquarters to the back. Several times Jackson scanned his ID, handprint, and eye to open the heavy metal doors.

"Supernatural cases are nothing for human eyes and some of these documents can't get into the wrong hands, that's why we have a high security system," Jackson explained. She was surprised he told her that. "If you want to work on your parents' case, you can ask Lucas to help you. He has access."

Luna nodded, though she doubted that she would want to. There was nothing she wanted to know and nothing to find out. She had closed that chapter and tried to simply accept it. Not like she could do anything else than just accept it and move on.

They entered a large room, file cabinets lined all the way up to the ceiling. The two walked down the aisle, passed several rows of cabinets, to the back of the room. Jackson turned inside one of the aisles created through the rows of cabinets and walked almost to the end.

Finally, he opened a drawer and took out a file. "I'm not allowed to give you this, but I trust you," Jackson told her.
"Thank you, and it's likely I'm not going to read it." She wanted to give it to Lucas, make sure that he couldn't talk himself out of it. If he had the file already in front of him, it was more likely that he would actually read it.

After they had left that room and went through all the checking, Luna finally dared to ask.
"Why do you trust me this much?" She was the daughter of two sets of parents who were their enemies. Luna would understand if they mistrusted her, but they didn't and it made her wonder a bit.

"You gave your life to save the world, you wouldn't have done that if you were a spy or would run to them. More than that, you look like Lucas when he first came here and gave away his parents. Helpless, but able to separate right from wrong, knowing what was right."

She shifted her gaze to the ground, sucking in her lips. It was as Lucas had said, it stopped feeling wrong and she would never regret her decisions. She had made the right one, she knew that for sure. Luna might still love them, but that did not mean she had to accept their actions.

"It's also Lucas. He usually doesn't get too close with people due to his past, but he let you in from the first second. I could say he's blinded by love, not to see straight, but I never saw him this happy. He once told me that you make him feel loved, no one made him feel like that before."

A smile formed on her lips. It's what Lucas made her feel, too.
Loved. Wanted. Worth it.
Stronger. Confident. Protected.
As she looked up, she met Jackson's eyes, a knowing grin on his face.

"I refuse to believe that is played and I know it's not when I see you looking at him, being with him. You eyes are speaking of how much you love him. You can't hurt him, even if you wanted to, you couldn't bring it over yourself. So, yes. I trust you."

"I won't hurt him. I would never dare to do something to lose him. He makes me a better person. He makes me thankful for being alive." And it was the truth, Lucas made her feel strong and able to act. Something she not had dared to do before.