Chapter 74

Luna

Luna lost the ground under her feet as she felt her body being thrown back, hitting the ground a few yards back. There was a sound in her ears, that high note everyone knew but couldn't describe. Finally, pain released in her body and she groaned. By the angels, she wished she had Lucas' fast healing.

She remained on the ground and sorted her thoughts. Behind that pain, her body aching, that tone, there was a voice telling her to get up.
Groaning, she opened her eyes. She was on her side, eyes directed to where they had just fought. Caleb and Kane were on the ground motionless. People were laying around her. Some moving, some awake like her, some already trying to get up.

Charlie, Nicholas, Jackson and Lucas were among the ones getting up, rushing to Malcolm and the Jones, who were also getting up, to cuff them. Magical ones, preventing witch magic to teleport them away from here.

Her mind cleared, her attention was on Kane and Caleb. She got up, running over to them. The explosion had somehow brought them closer together, so that they lay only five feet away from each other.

Emma had gotten up and knelt down beside Caleb while Luna went to Kane. "Caleb?" Emma tried, touching him by the shoulder. Luna carefully touched Kane, shaking him by the shoulder. "Wake up. Kane, wake up. Come on."

The others came closer. They tried for a whole two minutes to wake them, shaking their small bodies, trying to find a pulse. They didn't wake up.

"Maybe our theory was wrong," Emma finally said, dropping her shoulders and falling back on her legs. Luna copied her actions, hanging her head.
"I was so sure though," she whispered. Her vision had shown her this.
"Me too," Emma said.

Wyatt and Lucas came over to them, placing their hands gently on their shoulders.
"You girls tried your best. You did something no one before you probably did, you tried to save them and that's a lot. They'll be grateful."

Lucas kissed the crown of her head. "Wyatt's right. Don't be so hard on yourselves, you tried." She looked up to him and gave him a weak smile.
"What do we do now?" Reyna asked, turning the attention to her before it went back to the children. They didn't know what to do, what would happen if both died.

For the circle to begin again they would have to go where they rested before and their memories would be likely erased in that matter.
She sighed. It was over, it was a happy ending, but somehow it didn't feel like it.

Lucas squeezed her shoulders and as he did, something else happened. The children's bodies began to glow. A bright light embraced them and slowly lifted them from the ground, higher and higher.

The girls got up and stepped back. Standing with her back to Lucas' chest she watched the children.

Their bodies transformed. Their entire body and hair growing longer, getting a feminine touch to it. Their clothes morphed into stunning floor length gowns. A black halter dress that crossed in the front for Kadira. The spot that showed skin was accented by black lace. Sadira's white dress was off-shoulders with balloon sleeves out of a mesh material and a deep v cut. Their brown hair fell in curls over their shoulders and down their back. They both looked gorgeous.

Nothing more to say than that they were speechless.
The two goddess came to stand in front of them, smiling at each other and falling into each other's arm. A hug that had been long overdue.
"I've missed you so much," Kadira spoke, not letting go off her sister.

Luna leaned back into Lucas. He wrapped both his arms around her and kissed her temple.
"You girls did it," he whispered into her ear. She looked up with a little smile.
"We did it together."