Chapter 18

Luna

"Lucas!" her scream echoed through the room. Before anyone could register, she was already in front of him, taking in the attack that was meant for him. Luna was on her knees, face contorted from the pain, and leaning over Lucas to protect him from the magic. Her hands naturally found his cheek and brushed over it.

"Lucas, please," she whispered, her other hand found his shoulder and shook him gently.
"No!" she heard Mr. Jones order behind her, but she didn't care. "If you hurt her, I'll torture you until you wish you were never born."

"Don't do this, please," Luna begged him, feeling a tear drop from her eyes. She closed them, scared of what was happening.

Why was this worse than anything else? Why did this hurt more than any pain that could be inflicted on her? Why did this hurt more when she wasn't even the one being hurt?
She felt it, felt every beat of her heart.
Every heartbeat was heavy against her rib cage, taking away her ability to breath.

She knew that people were speaking around her, but she didn't hear a single word they were saying. The deafening sound in her ears was louder than anything else.
Nothing came through to her. Nothing, until she felt a hand on hers.

She ripped open her eyes to see Lucas' hand above hers on his cheek. He engulfed her hand in his and brought it to his chest while slowly opening his eyes.
"When I said run, I didn't mean to me," he coughed. "I don't want you to get hurt. Why did I tell you to come?"
She chuckled a little. "Quit being charming," she whispered and helped him get up. Then, she wrapped him in her arms.

One thing was for sure, they were not going to hurt her, yet, so she would use that to her full advantage and protect Lucas.
"You do realize I'm going to pull you away if they attack, right?" Lucas said with a little smirk. He was exhausted.
"You can barely lift your arm," she argued.
"Don't underestimate what I can do if I have to protect the one person I truly love."

A second later, he chuckled.
"Nicholas is joking about Charlie again," he answered to her confused expression. That brought a little smile to her lips.

"Enough of that. They're not going to butch, kill them. The boy must be somewhere here."
"Sam's right. He can't do much alone anyway," Tresha agreed. How wrong she was and Malcolm knew that too. He roughed his dark hair in frustration and sighed.
"Idiots," Malcolm murmured but then gave Kane a sign. "Leave the girl and the boy," he added looking at Luna and Lucas. This was thanks to the Jones, they both knew that.

Black strings which got thicker and webbed into each other, formed in Kane's hands. The magic became bigger, turned darker.
"That's it," Lucas realized, referring to what she had seen in her vision. Luna nodded, that was it. Things hadn't happened like she had seen them, but everything let towards this.

At that very moment, she realized one more thing. Things were different because she was here. She had seen the vision and she had come here, she had changed the course of action and that meant she could further change it.

Kane pushed the attack forward. Within seconds the black shadow reached the first agent and painful screams begun to erupt in the room. People ran, trying to escape and save themselves.
Lucas grip on her tightened as he knew she wouldn't leave without him.

Luna on the other side closed her eyes, collecting all the power she had and pushed it out. From the middle of her chest a bright shining light rose, becoming bigger and bigger as it spread in the room and met the black shadow, pushing it back, fighting it.

Her light did not only spread in the entire room, in shone brighter, blinding them all.
She felt Lucas' grip around her waist, holding her close to him so he wouldn't lose her.

Once the light vanished, they faced Malcolm again. Face contorted into pure anger. Kane next to him looking surprised his attack had been defeated. In all honesty, it probably only worked because Caleb's magic was injected into hers.

Emma, Caleb, and her had worked on transferring his powers into an item they could wear and activate whenever they needed it. However, at this point they had been only able to activate the transferred power by magic.

When Emma had taught her about witches, Luna had learned that everyone's magic was slightly different. It was impossible to detect and separate, but it existed and that was enough to connect it and make some kind of lock.

Emma had a broach she wore all the time while Luna wore a pair of earrings that contained Caleb's powers. The downside was that they could be used only once and they couldn't store too much power.

"The girl and the boy are coming with us," Malcolm spoke in a deathly calm voice, "I had enough of these interferences."
"And I certainly had enough of you," a new voice shot crystal clear through the room. They turned around to meet the person, spotting Emma walk into the room.

If Emma was here, it meant that Caleb made it back and told them what happened. Luna breathed out relieved that he made it.

Emma was alone, standing her ground firm with a deathly look.
"Time to go," Emma spoke up again as her magic appeared in her hands as a violet light. She attacked without a second thought, the light shooting forward as a stray of magic, hitting against Malcolm's green magic and pushing him back.

"Yes!" Luna exclaimed happyly, and even Lucas smiled. Emma's training was never about getting stronger, she already was a really strong witch, one of the best to be exact, so her training consisted on finding new, powerful attacks and they were damn good.

The attack dissolved with a loud boom, a wave of power pushed through the room. Malcolm seemed taken back by how powerful they had gotten within these few weeks.
"Luna!" Emma and Luna locked eyes as she got up on her feet, knowing exactly what Emma was telling her. Luna had not only trained a convergence with Caleb but also with Emma.

Holding their palms up, they brought their magic forward. The broach on Emma's chest shimmered lightly, indicating that Emma used Caleb's magic. The girls stretched one arm towards each other and the other towards Malcolm and the Black Stitch.

Their magic engulfed their complete body within seconds, the two rays of magic combined into each other, forming one ray of white and violet magic shooting towards Malcolm and her parents. The attack hit them with full force, causing an even more powerful wave of magic to spread through the room.

Their attackers were thrown back by the force, some losing consciousness and laying on the ground, some trying to get back up on their feet and failing to do so. Luna felt how her body weakened and was about to collapse, but she had to seem ready to attack again.

"Get us out of here!" Malcolm commented Kane, who immediately followed his instructions.
For a second, Luna was worried they would take Lucas and her with them, but they remained in the ravaged room with the other agent.

The second they left, Emma and Luna fell to their knees, tired and exhausted from this one attack. While they had mastered to perform it, they had not mastered to do so without using every drop of magic they had.

She felt Lucas' hands on her shoulder, pulling her gently back and leaning her against his chest.
"Are you okay?" he whispered into her hair. She nodded on his chest and let his embrace fall around her.
"Just tired," she whispered back, too tired to say more and there was a lot to be said and discussed. Lucas' lips touched her forehead.
"It's over now."