Chapter 58

Luna

"Hey," she greeted him and returned the smile, not wanting to be impolite.
"You look smoking tonight," he complimented her.

Luna wore a black dress with a deep v-cut and spaghetti straps. The dress went mid-thigh and had a black mesh material that appeared to be under the dress and covered her breasts, arms, and shoulders, leading into a turtleneck. She had topped everything with black heels, a bracelet on the left wrist, a watch on the right, and a necklace, not the one Emma had made from the crystal.

"Thank you," she replied. Lucas had complimented her too, but he had not used the word smoking. His compliments included the words gorgeous, stunning, and breathtaking. "I should probably go back to Lucas, he's waiting," she said, totally forgetting that she wanted to get a drink.

Stepping around him, Luna went to leave, but stopped in her tracks when Jason grabbed her wrist, holding her in place. Not wanting to create the scene she was expecting, she turned around to him. Not many people were in the kitchen and they left now too, leaving them alone to talk.

"I never invited him to the party, I only invited you," Jason mentioned. He was calm, but his stiff posture, the raging eyes, the way he clenched his teeth and how he had not let go of her wrist told her that a storm was brewing inside of him.

"Lucas is my boyfriend and I'm serious with him, that's why I brought him. Besides, I wasn't aware you needed a special invitation to come," she replied and pulled on her arm a little.

Jason understood and let go.
"No, you don't. I was just hoping you would go with me, so that we could spend some time together and talk in private maybe. It's been awhile since we've done that," he explained his reasons. Jason touched her shoulder, squeezing it a little.

Luna stepped back, unconsciously she had started biting her lip. "We've got no reason to do that anymore. We're not exactly that kind of friends either."
Jason let out a laughing sound, dropping his head before looking to his side. He leaned back against the kitchen isle and loosely crossed his arms, facing her again.

"You're really not making it easy for me, babe."
"Don't call me that. I never liked that."
"Sorry, Lu. I forget that sometimes."
"Don't call me that either. Only Reyna get's to call me that." She brushed her hair over her shoulders to cover her chest when she realized that Jason's eyes were moving between her eyes and chest. Not that Lucas' eyes hadn't wandered, but he never made her uncomfortable.

Jason nodded and went on. "You know I really was hoping to spend time with you, to show you that I changed. I'm trying to better for you."
She sighed, he still denied that she had long moved on. "You've got to accept that we are over and there is never going to be an us again. I'm with Lucas now and honestly he's better for me then you ever were."

"You don't mean that," his voice came out harsh. "Don't you see all the trouble he created for you? He had no right to go against your parents' wishes and tell you that you're super-," he stopped himself when three people came inside. Luna checked their aura, one of the brunette boys was fairy, the other human, and so was the blond girl.

"It destroyed your relationship to your parents and I know how important they are to you." It was no secret what was going on in the supernatural world, everyone was aware about Malcolm's doings. That her parents were involved was no secret either since they have been seen with him often. The group had shown their sympathy to Luna when it had come out back then.

"So, it's better to live in a lie?" she questioned. "I deserved to know the truth and I deserve to have a chance at being who I am. Lucas did nothing wrong by telling me, it was the right decision. And please don't talk about my parents." The rest of the meaning lay in her eyes. You know what they're doing, you know they are criminal.