Chapter 12

Luna

"Let's just ignore it," she whispered. Lucas didn't object and gently lay her next to him. Supporting himself with one arm above her head, he stole small kisses from her. His other hand stroked her stomach and made its way to her breasts.

The doorbell rang again, they ignored it.
Luna moaned in pleasure when Lucas put a little pressure on her breasts. However, his hand didn't remain there long. His fingers disappeared in her sweats and traced the waistband of her panties. "Lucas," she breathed hard when he stroked her clit over the fabric.

Just as he was about to slip a finger inside her panties, the bell rang again. His hand left her pants and rested on her waist. He placed a kiss on her forehead. "I go check who it is."
"No, I go. It's my apartment after all." Luna climbed out of bed, grabbed her top, and put it back on. Lucas didn't object since she couldn't get hurt. Caleb's and Emma's magic held everyone outside she didn't invite and Lucas would be at her side in an instant if he heard trouble.

Luna took a step towards the room door when Lucas grabbed her wrist and made her turn around to him again.
"Throw my shirt over," he instructed her. Without a word, she took the black shirt and put it on, leaving the buttons open.
"I'll be back in a few minutes," she told him and left.

On the way to the door she combed through her hair with her fingers. Trying to look less like she just jumped out of bed.
The door rang again, she wondered who it was and what was so important that they stayed this long.

When she opened the door, she was surprised to see him standing there. In his hand were daisies. He stood directly in front of the door, not leaning against the door frame as if he knew she would open. Not pretending to be cool or anything.

"Jayson? What are you doing here?"
He smiled at her. "I heard you collapsed at work, so I wanted to check on you." He stepped closer and leaned against the door frame.

"I'm fine now," she told him uneasy. Not knowing what to say exactly. There was nothing left for her to say and they weren't particularly friends. He had cared when they had been together and she had liked that.

But Lucas cared for her too. He supported her and wanted to protect her in the things she did. He never stopped her from actually doing them, never told her to. He cared.

Jayson was different. He would offer unhelpful solutions or the kind she didn't want to hear. Like quitting her job and just letting her parents pay for things or him. He came from a upper class family and didn't work besides university. He cared, but differently.

"I brought you these. They're your favorite." He handed her the bouquet of daisies, she took them hesitantly. They were indeed her favorite, he remembered.
"Thank you." Then it was silent again and she awkwardly looked at him.

"So, what exactly happened?" he tried to keep the conversation going.
"Like you said. I collapsed at work."
"Reyna didn't tell me why." He crossed his arms in front of his chest, accenting his muscles and puffing his chest.

"I probably overworked," she shortly told him. She didn't want to be rude, but she wanted him to leave so that she could return to Lucas.
"I told you, you shouldn't work that much," he said. She kept quiet, not having anything to say to that. "Won't you invite me in?" he asked. A smile still on his lips.

Why was he trying so hard suddenly? She was in a serious relationship, he knew that and after all, he couldn't expect her to wait for him or anything if it was him breaking up with her. So, why did he keep trying so hard to get her back, why not just give up and move on? Luna wouldn't go back to him.

"Um, actually..."
"Luna?" Lucas voice was carried through the room. She turned around to see him walking towards her. Jeans fixed, but shirtless, his hair a mess because she had buried her hands in them as they had made out.

Lucas wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her cheek.
"I'll see," Jayson said, bringing their attention to him. "I thought we could spend some time together. As friends, of course. But it seems like you've already got company."
Luna leaned more into Lucas embrace. His strong arms never left her, and he kept quiet as she talked.

"Jayson, we're not friends," she cleared it again in a soft voice. She hated hurting people. Even if they weren't nice to her.
"We could be," there was hope in his voice. "Lulu, I messed up. Made a big mistake, but I hope you can forgive me." There had been a time, where she loved it when he called her Lulu, but Jayson rarely did and now she disliked that name.

Lucas tensed when he heard the nickname Jayson had given her. However, he dropped his shoulders when she put her hand on his forearm.
"Actually, I'm glad you broke up. That way I met Lucas and he treats me good." A tender kiss was placed on her temple. The words 'I love you' were whispered.

"Just because someone treats you good, you shouldn't jump into bed with them," Jayson remarked and rolled his eyes.
"Don't speak to her like that," Lucas growled. His eyes were a glowing red.
"You don't have anything to say here," Jayson added fuel to the fire.

"I trust Lucas. I did because I know he's the one and he makes me feel stronger," Luna said before Lucas could do something. She wasn't sure she could prevent them from throwing fists.
"I'm sorry, Lulu. I didn't mean to, it just got over me. I don't like to think you're not mine anymore." She didn't miss the look Jayson was giving Lucas the whole time.

"I think you should leave now," she wanted to escape this situation. Jayson wanted to say something, but she already stepped out of Lucas embrace and grabbed the door to close it.
"Because you asked me to," Jayson said softly. She recognized that voice. It was the one he used after he got mad at her and realized she was getting scared of him.

Jayson left.
She closed the door and turned to Lucas. "Sorry," she whispered.
"Don't be sorry. I'm just wondering why he was glaring that badly at me. I mean we could've just cuddled and nothing more." She wrapped her arms around him, he returned the hug.
"Sorry," she said again with a smirk. This time she apologized for a whole different reason. "You should look into a mirror." She let go and walked towards the staircase, leaving the flowers somewhere behind.

"Love!" he exclaimed once he saw the hickey on his chest.
Halfway up the stairs, Lucas picked her up and carried her to bed.
"Has he been bothering you a lot?" Lucas asked as he laid her down on the bed.
"A little. But I can handle him," she assured. Lucas laid down next to her and took her back in his arms. She cuddled into his chest.

"Tell me if he doesn't stop." She agreed.
They didn't pick up where they left. They went on to watch the movie and a few minutes later, she was actually so tired that she fell asleep on Lucas chest.
When she awoke, Lucas was still watching the movie, but also working. They didn't move, just remained like that. Her head still on his chest, him stroking her hair and working.