Chapter 54

Luna

"You can put it under the name Anna and my husband or I will come pick it up next week Saturday, dear," the woman at the phone told her.
Luna wrote both her name and the pick up day next to her notes of the cake.

"Great. Just to make sure that I've got everything, I will repeat the order and you may tell me if there is anything else you would like," Luna informed Anna and waited for the yes before going on, "So, it's gonna be a red velvet cake covered in pink fondant. As decoration you would like pink and gold strawberries, pink macaroons and roses and gold accents for decoration. And you want gold colored chocolate dripping down."

"Could you add a cake topper saying happy birthday and write Liam somewhere on the cake?"
"No problem." Luna added that to her notes. "Anything else?"
"That's all. Thank you." They hung up and Luna started sketching out the cake in a sketchbook.

Reyna was moving around her, serving the customers.
It was a quiet night and already past the rush hours. Reyna could handle the few customers on her own without any stress and give Luna enough time to bake and finish orders. There was one for tomorrow afternoon that she had to finish tonight since her next shift would be tomorrow night. Two more hours today and Reyna and her would be done for tonight too.

Luna finished the sketch, put the book away and prepared an icing for the cupcakes she had made. Disappearing into the back, she brought two sheets of cookies to the front and placed them in the showcase. Then, she went to grab the cupcakes and started frosting them.

She was done with half of them when her phone rung. Not the one from the café, her phone and there was actually no one who would call her right now. Lucas knew she was at work, he never called, always texted first. So, if it was him calling now, then something must have happened.

Grabbing her phone, she saw that it wasn't Lucas calling her. Her nerves calmed down and she took the call, pressing the phone between her shoulder and ear and frosting the next cupcake.
"Hey, Nicholas."
"You need to come here immediately. Lucas needs you and we don't know what to do or how to help," he said instead of greeting her.

Her heart missed a beat at hearing it, hearing the panic in Nicholas voice.
"I'm on my way." She hung up and ran to the back. Julie was sitting at the working table, preparing eclairs.
"I have an emergency, I need to go," she told Julie, who looked surprised but understood when she saw how scared Luna was.

"We can manage. Go and be careful." She waved her out and Luna spared no second and ran out, only grabbing her car keys.
"Where you going?" Reyna called after her when she saw her rushing out of the café.
"Lucas needs me." And then she was already out the door.

The cold air hit her bare skin, but she ignored it and quickly got inside her car. That's when she realized that she still wore her apron and only a T-shirt. It didn't matter. She threw the apron on the passenger seat and started the car.

The longer it took her to get to the ARIA the more fear rose in her.
Why did she let him do it alone? She knew it wasn't easy for him, so why didn't she stay even if he said no? Why didn't she take off work and waited for him to come out and talk to her.

Lucas would've done it. He would've come with her, waited for her if it was her right now and not him. He would've insisted in coming inside with her, pressed more to make sure. So, why couldn't she have done it. Why did she have to be so afraid of that man? He couldn't do anything to her? Lucas wouldn't let that happen.

He couldn't hurt her, he didn't even care who she was. Why was she so afraid of him? Why did she have to be so paralyzed when seeing him? Why couldn't she have just pushed her own feelings aside and focused on Lucas.