Chapter 59

Lucas

Losing control was one of the worst feelings there could be. No one had control over everything, we have no influence on the weather or what somebody else does.

Though his sight was black, it did not stop him from pushing himself up on his hands and knees. Shaking his head, Lucas attempted to clear his mind and sight. Splashes of color appeared, brown, green, dark blue. Yet, every color was so dark it could've passed as black.

They cleared, became shapes and he saw the forest ground beneath him, branches on the ground, pinching into his skin. In front of him, trees as tall as three- story buildings, competing to be taller than the other. The sight in front of him was peaceful, but at the back of his mind, something told him it wasn't that peaceful.

That there was a danger awaiting him and he had to face it. There was no way around it.
His mind whispered something, something he couldn't make out yet. It was important. He felt his breathing come out panting, laboured. There was a slight pain on his back where he had been hit, it was pounding, but endurable.

"Kill the boy," a faint voice reached his ears. It sounded so far, at least a mile away.
"No! Lucas!" another voice, this time female and so much more familiar, but just as distant.
He shook his head again and the next thing he saw was blinding white light. Powerful magic whooshed passed him, leaving him unharmed.

He heard the painstricken moans of others, men, heard a loud thumb as heavy bodies hit the ground. Everything sounded so much clearer now, strength returned to his body.
He got up, turned to see another color peeking out of the white. It was black and it rushed towards the source of the white magic. Clashed with it and fought to hit behind it. They exploded, both colors dissolved.

A small female body was pushed through the white light, hitting a tree with her back.
Luna. That's what his mind had been whispering. Malcolm and Kane appeared behind the black magic. Two men were on the ground, another was lunging for Luna.
Lucas immediately caught his scent, werewolf.

He lunged for him, grabbing him and pinning him to the ground a few feet away from Luna. In the corner of his eye, he saw her getting on her feet, her magic came to life, enveloping her entirely in it as she attacked the blond warlock coming for her. Her magic had also lightened the place with her little sparks, her signature.

The man under him groaned, getting Lucas attention. He went for him, boxing him hard in the stomach twice before his senses picked up a movement from his left. The third man, a dark haired vampire, shot for him. Lucas rolled of the werewolf, escaping the vampire's reach, and pushing himself in a kneeling position with one foot on the ground.

Lucas quickly assessed the situation. Luna was dealing with the warlock and Kane's magical attacks, he knew she was keeping an eye out for him, trying to protect him. The vampire and werewolf were focused on him. At least they knew that one person wasn't enough to deal with him, it made him smirk.

They both came for him this time, the vampire reached him first. Hooking his own foot with his, he pulled his leg and got up with the turn. Then, he dodged the werewolf's punch, moving his body aside and attacking with a left hook and an uppercut. The black head stepped back before coming in for the next attack.

Blocking the vampire's punch, he responded with the same, and went to dodge the were's grip before bringing his leg up and kicking the were right in the chest. He stumbled back, finding his footing. Lucas paid him no attention as he focused on the vampire again.

The three exchanged attack after attack, dodging and blocking each other. Lucas hit them, brought them down, but so did they. He could not tell how much time passed, his senses were on full alert.