Chapter 10

Lucas

Luna was laughing at him.
Not just simply laughing because something was funny or laughing with him.
She was laughing about his surprised expression.

Lucas didn't know why he thought she couldn't ice skate, but he had thought that and brought her to New York, hoping they would have fun falling and holding on to each other. Somehow it being romantic like in all those movies.

Well, how those movies were false.
Luna knew how to ice skate, which turned all his plans upside down. Not like he didn't know how to ice skate. Lucas knew that very well since he had grown up and came here for ice skating with Wyatt every winter.

He had joined them with Emma, who actually never learned ice skating because her parents wanted her to study her powers and for school. Wyatt was now teaching Emma to ice skate and basically doing what Lucas had planned.

"Do you want me to pretend I cannot skate?" Luna asked and skated to him. He stopped her by grabbing her by the waist and holding her close to him.
"No," he answered. "Yes," he corrected. She chuckled and kissed his cheek.

Reyna and Natalie passed them, holding hands and enjoying the weather.
"You wanna just stand there?" Reyna called over her shoulder and raised an eyebrow.
"She's right," Lucas slipped his hands to hers and skated backwards, pulling her with him.
"You know, that's something I can't do," Luna told him.
"You can't?" She shook her head. Lucas pulled her towards her to spin around. Luna didn't see that coming and tripped over her skates, he caught her in his arms.

His arms were around her upper body to prevent her from falling on the ice.
"Yeah, I can't do that either." She smiled sheepishly. He smiled and straightened her. "Maybe you'll still get what you wanted," she said.
"I hope so," he laughed. "Come, I'll show you."

He spend the next fifteen minutes teaching her a few turns. Somehow, they went from learning turns to chasing each other. And into chasing each other became a game of tag with the other four.

...

"For a werewolf you are way too cute," Luna whispered into his ear.
Lucas smirked, wrapped his arm around her waist, and pulled her chair closer to him.
"Believe me, I can be dangerous if I want to. You're just lucky I like you," he whispered back and placed a kiss below her ear. She shivered.

"Stop flirting in front of us," Wyatt complained, but his own arm lay on Emma's shoulders.
They had skated until the sun started setting and then gone to a restaurant for dinner. They already ordered and waited for their food.
"And what have you been doing all day?" Lucas countered. "I shouldn't have told you about my plans. Then, I could flirt all I want."

"I feel like we would be doing something completely else, buy yeah sure."
Reyna gasped, and even Lucas looked at her wide-eyed. That was not his innocent, little girl talking, but hell was he turned on.
"Lu, did you really just say that," Reyna exclaimed.
"Someone just literally broke character," Wyatt added chuckling.

Luna instantly turned red as they said that and buried her face in Lucas' shoulder.
He placed a kiss on her temple with a smile. Then, he followed everyone's gaze to Natalie, who got nervous due to their stares.

"What?" she asked.
"You two are the shy ones. Maybe you suddenly break character too," Emma explained.
"Oh, sometimes she's far, far away from shy." For that comment, Reyna got hit by Natalie.
"Luna, what did you do?" Natalie turned her attention to Luna, who shrugged.
"I'm sorry. Let's just change the topic."

"Fine, go ahead." Reyna grinned at her.
"Well, I could pack out some old stories from our childhood. Like the one time you got the lead role for a play and in the very first scene just stood there on stage in front of hundreds of parents and stared at them," Luna told them. Reyna instantly dropped her head to the table. Embarrassed as she remembered it.