Chapter 37

Lucas

He gently pushed the alcohol drenched pad above her head wound. She flinched when the alcohol burned. Putting his arm around her small waist, he held her to him while cleaning the wound from any dirt and blood.

Jackson had picked up after the second ring. His first words weren't 'What's up?' or anything like that. They were 'It doesn't matter what she told you, it won't change anything about you and what a fine man you are.'  Jackson knew that he went to see his mother, he also knew that Luna went with him, and yet, Lucas couldn't shake the feeling that he had been prepared to do whatever it was Lucas needed.

Lucas had told him about how they had met Sam and Tresha and he needed some people to pick them up and bring them back to the headquarters.
Lucas and Luna followed them back to the ARIA, where he had led her into the infirmary. 
The two had still been unconscious when Jackson and Charlie came with a couple agents, still were as they were brought to an interrogation room and taken care of.

Lucas would get to interrogate them with Luna later, but he wanted to see to her head first. And her arm. Luckily, the latter turned out to be fine. One of the cuts had been a little deeper, but nothing that would scar or take more than a weeks to heal. The other cut had been more of a graze, it had bleed a little though.

Lucas had sat her on the patient table, cleaned the wounds, and put band-aids on them. Then, he had stepped closer, between her legs, to inspect her head wound.
Besides the couple questions he asked her to make sure that she was alright and had no amnesia, they had been silent. He could feel her eyes on him as he worked on her, he couldn't tell what was going on in her head. She was not scared, hadn't been when they fought, that's all he knew.

"Do you want to talk about what your mum told you?" she finally asked. Lucas shifted his focus from the wound to her eyes. Beautiful blue-grey eyes he could fall for every damn time again.

"After everything that has happened, that's what's on your mind?" he asked amused, lowering his arms and pressing his hands on the bed on both sides of her little body.
"It's what I care about most right now and I can't tell whether you're happy or upset."

Lucas kissed her, no reason or anything. He just wanted to kiss her.
"I'm happy," he told her, "Talking to my mum was good. We talked about her death, she told me how she never wanted to leave me and has been watching over me. She told me she loved and was proud of me. We talked about a couple other things." He paused. "She told me about the man she loved."

"Told you," she smiled at him. "Will you finally quit whining now? You've been behaving like a child who didn't get his chocolate, worse even, and I don't think I can take that it any longer. You're just a handful and-," she said playfully until he interrupted her.
"Oh, come here."He pulled her closer to the edge, his arm around her waist so she couldn't flee when he damped the pad back in alcohol and pressed it to the wound.

He didn't hurt her, he could never do that, and when she softly pushed against his chest, he knew she was fine. Especially, because she was chuckling and only closing her eyes in discomfort.

"Lucas, stop. I take it back," she pushed his hand away when it did start to hurt more.
"You better. I'm not that bad," he replied and finished cleaning the wound. He put a band aid on it and dropped his hands to her hips.

"Will you stop questioning your worth? I hate to see you hurting and you do not deserve that. To me, you're more worth than anything this world or any other could hold. You're special, Lucas, the kind of special you do not give away. And I'm ready to give you this world, I'm ready to sacrifice this world if it means your happiness, if it means that you see just how much you are worth."