Chapter 26

Lucas

"I should go without it, right?" Wyatt asked as they stood in front of Luna's apartment, waiting for one of the girls to open the door.
"I told you at our place," Lucas said amused as he watched Wyatt take off the tie for the twelfth time today.

"I know, but I thought it looked good and you know, Emma's parents are going to be there. Even if they're mad at each other, I have to leave a good impression."
"I get that. So, why don't you just ask Emma what she prefers?" Lucas suggested, intertwining his arms and checking the time. They should leave latest in half an hour.

"What do I prefer?" Emma asked as she opened the door along with Natalie.
Wyatt just stood there with wide eyes and mouth open. Lucas suppressed a laugh, pushed himself of the wall, and stepped next to Wyatt to elbow him slightly in the side without the girls realizing.

"You look gorgeous." Wyatt stepped closer to Emma, hands on her hips as he kissed her.
Emma's dress was off shoulders and had little tull straps over her shoulders that led to a v-line. The skirt consisted of tulle that fell in two layers. The top layer was in the dark violet of the upper part of the dress, while the bottom layer was a blue purple color. The way the dress fell made it look bigger and grander. Judging by Emma's smile, she loved it.

"Does it make me look like a witch?" she asked playful.
"Yes, my witch." Wyatt replied, pulling her in for another kiss and finally giving her the flowers.
"I like that."
"Guys, we're here too," Natalie took the attention. Emma looked over her shoulder at her and raised an eyebrow.

"And Luna and I had to hear you and Reyna compliment and throw dirty, dirty looks at each other for the last hours. At some point we were wondering if you were already making out."
The boys chuckled, watching Natalie turn red.

"Anyways, I am in love with this dress," Emma emphasised every word.
Lucas had to admit that Emma's dress beautifully hinted her witch heritage, while Natalie's green dress, decorated with flowers on the top and the end of the mesh sleeves pointed out her love for nature. The green belt around her waist accented her waist.

"I see," Wyatt laughed. The girls stepped aside, letting the two walk inside.
"What am I supposed to like?" Emma brought the topic back as they walked into the living room and waited for Reyna and Luna to come.
"Want me to wear a tie?" he asked, holding it up for Reyna to look. She took it from his hands and held it in front of him.

"No tie."
"I agree," Reyna said as she stepped into the room.
"Looking good," Lucas and Wyatt complemented her. Her dress was tight, strapless with a sweetheart neckline and went until the middle of her thighs. Over it, she wore some kind of shining mesh robe with big sleeves. It was tightened with a belt at the waist and flew out from there to the ground. The brown-gold color and the dress perfectly matches Reyna's personality.

"Thank you very much," she curtsied playfully and joined them. "I study fashion design, so take my advice, no tie looks much better and it's still enough to impress."
"Good. No tie, I'll listen to you guys," Wyatt agreed with the girls.
"Since we figured that out, one little question. Where is my sweet little fairy?" Lucas interrupted their conversation.

He hadn't heard from Luna since this morning. They had written a few minutes after he woke up. She had been still at work and he figured from her text that she was extremely tired. The café had been less hectic since Christmas and New Year was over, but it was still full as people seeked the warmth of the sweet café.

Luna had a lot to do and he could imagine that her mind had been stuck on what Jessica told her. Luna had called him once she had reached home. He had been at work, in a meeting with Jackson and missed her call, but called her back once he saw it.