Chapter 38

Luna

She was in Lucas' office. Alone.
Luna was fully aware that Lucas would be at the council all afternoon and told Charlie, Jackson, and Nicholas as much when they had seen her enter the ARIA headquarters. After explaining that she wanted to find the location from her vision, Nicholas had let her into Lucas' office and explained to her how the program worked.

Now, she was sitting in his chair, in front of his computer, trying to find a location with nothing more than the pictures from her vision and the bit of information she could gather from the files she had read. All that while knowing she had to be out by the time Lucas would come to work and make it look like no one had ever been here. No pressure at all.

Luna had already thought about telling Lucas about the vision. Several times, most of the time while she dealt with this program and became desperate when she found nothing, but something held her back. Something that told her that telling Lucas was the wrong decision. She had to do this on her own.

From the research they had done on the ten men, she already knew about their involvement with several gangs. There were a couple gangs, in which more than one of them had been in, but mostly they were members at different times, so they never met.

Lucas and Luna's first research on the ten men had shown their membership to several illegal gangs. However, most of them seemed to never have crossed ways and that was what they had been looking for. A time where all of them had been together to plan and commit the murder.

This time, Luna had focused on just finding possible links between them, meaning which gangs they all had been in. She had singled out three of them and followed all their crimes to find their headquarters, it only made sense that it was somewhere close by.

Luna had started with the gang from New York City since that was where Lucas' mother had died too. There had been several locations she had suspected as their headquarters, however, after an hour of looking them up, she had to admit that none of them had been close to what she had seen in her vision.

The second gang was located in Trenton, they had committed a couple crimes in New York City, including kidnapping and murder. The gang has been dissolved by the ARIA, who had found their headquarters too. It was too bright and modern. She had still checked the areas she had identified.

The last gang was in Keene and had been dissolved when they had troubled the Jackson Academy, who had involved the ARIA immediately. The locations she checked there, did not lead her anyway either.

She let herself fall back in the chair and stared at the picture of the abandoned warehouse. It was dark, barely anything was there and the only source of light was the sun- and streetlights that fell through the windows. It was close to what she had seen in her vision, but it was still not it.

Luna sighted and picked up her phone. She had a message from Reyna, asking if she could manage half an hour without her. Her fashion workshop was taking a little longer than expected. She texted her back and then packed up her things. This had led her nowhere and she knew she had to take another look on the files. There had to be something she oversaw.

She had to find it and then come back. For now, she would go to work. 

Lucas

Lucas couldn't name the amount of times he had run his hand through his hair. Everything about today was either frustrating or concerning him.

Last night, when he had returned from the council, an agent had informed him about them loosing track of some men. This morning the same agent told him that they could find them and were tracking them again. One good thing today.