Chapter 67

Luna

Exhausted, the two girls fell to the ground.
Caleb stood above them and smiled. The seven year old boy showed no trace of the two hour training they just had.

"There was a time when I believed that I couldn't learn much more regarding my magic," Emma said, turning her head to Luna. "I was wrong. So far wrong."
Luna chuckled. "I would agree, but I just started." She stretched out her arms, she felt the magic flow through her body, her veins, her blood. Sparks appeared in front of her finger tips.

Emma sat up and watched her. "It's amazing what you can do with your magic and I don't know how far you could go."
"It's scary sometimes," Luna admitted. "I'm scared I lose control and hurt somebody." She let the sparks disappear and placed her hands on her exposed stomach. Emma and her had changed into sports wear, some leggings and a sports bra.

"You don't have to be scared," Caleb assured her, "You have a soul so kind that it could never hurt anybody. But you will rise with your powers and you will grow stronger." He turned towards Emma. "You will too. You will grow stronger and that won't be a bad thing." The girls nodded.

"Let's just hope that it will be enough to beat Malcolm and Kane," Luna added. They had spend all the time training with Caleb to learn convergence magic and use their powers in the most efficient way for fighting. She had quickly learnt that her magic had different sides to it and could be used so differently. Magic could be a weapon, but magic could also be beautiful.

"It has to be," Emma said, stretching out her muscles. Luna remained on the ground and closed her eyes for a moment. It was Friday late afternoon and different to Emma, who was going on a date with Wyatt in two hours, Luna had nothing planned for the evening.

Reyna and her had done an early shift today, mostly doing preparations for when the bakery opened at six a.m. again. Reyna was also going on a date with Natalie today, they had wanted to try a restaurant for a while and finally decided to go.

Lucas had said nothing about them going out or even seeing each other tonight. He had been still sitting at the bakery this morning, somewhere in between he had fallen asleep at one of the tables and she had put her coat around his shoulders. It had been to short to fit him and Reyna had chuckled about it.

Luna would probably spend the evening in his office again, reading through some of the stories and trying to find the castle. The feeling that she knew the place, the story, never left, but she still couldn't put her finger on it.

The door opened, the three of them looked over to see Lucas entering the empty room. Emma liked to call it a dance studio without a mirror. The white room was big and had no windows either, giving them just the space to use their magic and train fighting. The ARIA had a few other rooms, where they could train shooting or hand combat or work out too.

"You guys done?" he addressed them, standing in the black door.
"Just now," Luna answered and sat up.
"Perfect," he turned to Emma and Caleb. "I'm stealing Luna."

Emma got up and grabbed her bag, leaving the room with Caleb. "Have fun," she called out while closing the door behind her. Lucas walked into the room and placed his bag next to hers at the longer side of the wall before taking off his shirt, she didn't mind, and grabbing boxing bandages from his bag. In the meantime, she had gotten up on her feet too, but remained in her spot.

"What are we doing?" she asked, though she had a good idea. And she wasn't really in the mood for that idea. After all, she had just finished training and she was exhausted. He didn't answer her, instead closed the space between them and took her hands, wrapping the boxing bandage around them.

"Are we doing a training fight?" she asked when he finished and stood in front of her only in black joggers. His hair looked windblown as if he was on a run, his eyes soft and awake.
"Something like that," he finally answered and took a step back. He lifted his arms in a defensive position and fixed his eyes on her movements.