Chapter 47

Luna

Luna just put the last box into the picnic basket when the doorbell rang and a tall, black haired man entered. He walked straight up to the counter with a smile that was meant only for her.

"Hi, could I have a piece of that chocolate cake, two chocolate filled macaroons, and your number?" he flirted.
"That's too bad. I just finished my shift, but I could offer a date, a kiss, and a girlfriend." She batted her eyelashes and put on her best flirty smile, playing right into his tease.
"Now that sounds better. I'll have that." She chuckled, took the basket and walked around the counter to Lucas. Taking his hand she pulled him towards the door.

"Wait, can I still buy something?"
"Nope," she declared over her shoulder with a grin.
"But you guys are having chocolate day," he complained, yet followed her outside and to the car, where she placed the basket on the backseat and sat in front of the wheel.

"So, where are we going?" Lucas asked once they were on the road.
"It's a surprise." She could feel Lucas' eyes on her, trying to figure out what she had planned.

Luna had told him nothing but that he should come pick her up from work today because she wanted to go somewhere. That was everything he got and would get until they were there.
The plan was to take Lucas to a park she was sure he didn't know of. It wasn't as big as the other parks in Dacrest, but it was certainly the most loved one, especially during the warmer days.

There would be no day where the park wasn't filled with people enjoying the beauty of it. The place seemed almost magical as if it was made with magic.
She would believe it was magic if she hadn't grown up with this park. She had been there when it was constructed by the city. She could remember all the people that had come to help and planted flowers and trees. She and Reyna had planted a tree each too and they were still standing side by side.

The flowers and trees aligned beautifully the many paths. The lights on the side and in the trees would give it a romantic atmosphere in the evening hours and the meadows offered the perfect place for a picnic. Even with the cold weather.

That was what she had in plan. A little picnic with all his favorite pastries, which she spend the morning baking, making it chocolate day at the the café. Julie loved her idea when she told her about it and asked to make chocolate pastries, she was immediately convinced, which could be connected to the fact that she loved chocolate and Luna's pastries. Plus, chocolate always worked with the customers.

The only downside was that it did not fit with the sweets she had to make tomorrow. Not that they planned it much, but sometimes they were dependent on the orders she had to finish that day. However, it was worth it if making Lucas' favorites cheered him up.

They all had seen how he had been down the entire week and they all knew it was due to his father. It was not getting off his mind why his father would kill his mother and what reason would have been behind it. He was trying to figure out a way to find out the truth, but he hadn't come up with anything yet.

Luna had caught him entirely distracted during their study sessions, and if she asked, it would be the same answer. 'Sorry, love. I'll concentrate.' That's never what she had asked, but he would never tell her what's on his mind either. She knew he had tried not to bother her since she had much to study this week. Luna wanted him to tell her. Locking it all inside him, wouldn't help.

Their attempt on cheering him up over the week hadn't exactly worked. All the little jokes, the teases, the movies they watched, the times they went out, not even her thousands of kisses had cheered him up. Luna could feel his pain, his anxiety of knowing the truth.

Going on this picnic was another attempt of cheering him up and everyone knew except for Lucas. Wyatt had said that Lucas would love it and that if this didn't work, probably nothing would. She hoped it worked, Lucas needed to get his mind off.