Chapter 72

Luna

The sword was right in front of Luna.
The sword was right in front of Malcolm.

The difference was that Luna was trapped to the floor. Malcolm was free.
The difference was that Malcolm hasn't comprehended what happened, yet, Luna had.

Right after she hit the sword with the light ball, she pushed her magic into the gaps in the stone enclosing her feet and broke free. Luna made a run for the sword, throwing heating light towards Malcolm to slow him down. The magic left a mark in the wall behind him, but fulfilled its purpose.

Emma had reacted too, lunging for the sword and being the one who grabbed it from the ground. Luna came to a stop next to her, facing Malcolm with her. Emma held the sword in front of her, unsure. She didn't know how to wield a sword. Neither did Luna.

Malcolm grinned, the kind of grin that gave you shivers, made all the tiny hairs on your body stand up. Not in a good way. In a way you knew danger was coming.

"Go ahead," Malcolm spoke. Mrs. Jones stepped to his side. The Jonas and Mr. Jones were behind him, holding the others back with the remaining gang members. "It's useless to you, isn't it? You don't know how to use a sword."

He was right, but that didn't matter. The sword had to go to Caleb, nobody else but Caleb and he would know what to do with it. Luna felt the diamond on her necklace heat against her skin, stronger than before. That's when she realized it. 'Glass of power/ will be glass of salvation.'

That's what the legend said. That's how the sword would be activated. But if everything consisted of good and bad, of two parts, then there had ti be at least one more diamond. She had a bad feeling that Malcolm already had the other diamond.

Barely noticeable, Luna touched Emma's hand, a sign to do a convergence spell.

"Luna, please-" Mrs. Jones interrupted herself, knowing there was nothing she could say or do to change Luna's mind. "Your father and I always loved you. Loved you like our own." She knew. She knew they did and that was the only reason why her heart was thorn. The love they had for her. The way they wanted her to grow up being a strong and kind woman. Their support for everything she ever pursued.

Luna and Emma took each other's hand and with one look, they stretched the other out towards them, attacking with a light/black magic convergence. Her white light twirled around the black magic and shot for the two.

Malcolm and Mrs. Jones combined their magic, responding to the girls' convergence. White-black magic collided with green-black magic. Only a few moments later it exploded. Wind flew both ways, made them turn away.
That's when Malcolm found Kane. He was fighting Caleb, who was above him, pinning him to the ground.

Caleb's body was glowing in a bright white-bluish light. It made him look superior, not like a boy anymore, but more like a god.

"Kane!" Malcolm yelled at him.
The boy's magic came to the surface, a shadow pushed Caleb off him before he lifted his body of the ground with magic. He was flowing a few inches over the ground and turned in the direction of the girls.

Waves of magic was sent their way. Luna promptly created a shield, protecting them. But she couldn't stop it from wavering and almost lost her balance.
Caleb got back up and attacked Kane, receiving the boy's full attention again.

Emma attacked Malcolm and Mrs. Jones with a simulation, causing their whole body to feel like it was being crushed. They bend forward, holding their bodies as they groaned in pain. Luna saw how Malcolm clenched his teeth and tried to withstand.

She enhanced Emma's spell by putting another simulation on them. It caused the two to feel as if they were being cooked, their insides put on fire.
They were able to keep it up for a few minutes. A few more and they would've been knocked out, but Malcolm casted a spell to push their magic away.