55

LMAO SO THE END OF THE CHAPTER IS GOOFY IM SORRY ITS SO CRINGY BUT THEY NEEDED SOME LAUGHS

"Please be safe," Carl hugged both Isabella and Rick as they began to leave the walls of Alexandria to tackle the walker issue.

"I'll always come back kid," Isabella told him, hugging him tight.

"You promise?"

Isabella hated promising things, as plans could always change, but with the threat of walkers nonexistent, what was there to worry about besides people?

"I promise kid," she reassured him and he smiled gratefully at that.

"Take care of your sister," Rick told him.

"Bear will protect you if you need him to," Isabella countered and Rick began to walk to the car.

"Love you kid," she told him before following Rick to the car.

"Woah woah, back off!" Glenn told Isabella as she headed to the passenger side. "I already called shotgun, keep up honey."

"Call me honey again and I'll leave you for the walkers," Isabella laughed.

"Seconded," Rick chuckled from the driver seat.

"Glenn, come on, are you really going to be a child about the passenger seat?" Isabella grinned at him as the two stood off for the seat.

"Listen, we can't play favorites because you're married to him, what example would that be setting for everyone?"

"You know what Glenn? It's very obvious that you're just jealous, so I'll let you have the passenger seat," she smirked.

"Am I a witness to an affair?" Maggie asked as she walked up to bid goodbye to Glenn.

"Guess we'll be fighting for custody," Isabella shrugged.

"I-it's not like that! Y'all are so dramatic!" Glenn held a shocked but amused expression.

"Listen, we have a wall to build and I appreciate being fought over but chop, chop!" Rick laughed, pointing to his watch.

"Fine but on the way back, I call shotgun," Isabella gave up.

"I love you," Isabella heard Maggie whisper to Glenn.

"I love you too, I'll be back soon," Glenn told her.

"Just be careful."

"I will be, I'll always come back to you," he gave her a quick kiss.

Isabella loved their relationship, she loved how the both of them supported one another in all their actions with no hesitation. It truly was love.

Soon they situated themselves in the cars and were soon on their way.

"Do you think we can do this?" Glenn asked.

"We have to," Isabella said.

"We have no choice," Rick sighed.

They arrived at the spot where they would begin to build a wall, and got out of the car. The RV quickly pulled up behind them and the Alexandrians hopped out.

"Jesus, it's like they're smuggling immigrants," Isabella told Rick and Glenn. "And I can say that since I'm Mexican."

That only made them laugh and then it was time to get to work.

It took them some hours to get panels up and soon they had gotten some distance down.

"They still don't know how to kill walkers," Isabella whispered to Rick as they began to take a short break from their share of the work.