84

The next day Isabella woke in pain, a pain so intense she woke with a cry.  She knew immediately what it meant.

The contractions she felt were intense whenever they came and she began to cry as she took off her pants. She knew she had to pass everything or else she'd risk infection and death.

She sobbed with each contraction and wished someone was with her, she hated being alone in all of this.

She wished she had Rick with her, so at least she'd have someone sharing her pain and someone to comfort her.

It took half an hour for the miscarriage to fully happen.

Isabella lay frozen on the floor, feeling disgusted at herself for letting things end this way. She wanted to fight them, but right now her body was weak. She couldn't even move her legs from the small pool of blood.

She blankly stared into space for what seemed to be hours before forcing herself to sit up and pull her pants back up. She sobbed knowing she failed; failed as a wife, failed as a mom. She had one job: all she had to do was have the child, let it grow old but she couldn't even do that.

An acidic taste erupted from the depth of her throat and she spilt the contents from her stomach on the ground, right on top of the blood.

She let out a broken sob. She cried for herself, for the unborn baby, for the fact that she robbed Rick of being a father to another child.

She felt both grief and hatred; but most of it was directed at herself. She knew the Saviors caused this, she knew without them she'd still be pregnant and living the best possible life with Rick; but here she was.

She was hundreds of miles in an unknown direction from her loved ones all because of her. She hated herself for ever retaliating against Negan.

She didn't regret saving Glenn's life but she wished she learned to just keep her head down and not push Negan's buttons. The only condolence she had was the hope that Daryl had escaped, that at least one of them got their freedom. Daryl deserved the best out of all of them.

She thought of Rick. She wondered how she could ever face him again, she knew he would hate her after finding out about the miscarriage. She hated bringing him pain, it made her want to disappear and never see them again.

They already thought she was dead, she could slip away and it would make things easier for her.

But she knew she could never do that, for she loved Carl and Judith too much. She could never abandon them, everyone back home was her family and leaving them would make her a disgrace.

Isabella's body was weak, and as much as she wanted to fight her way out right now and kill all the Saviors, her body called for rest.

She tried not to give in, but she felt her eyelids grow heavy and it wasn't long before sleep overtook her.

"Ho-ly shit, what the hell happened here?" Isabella could faintly hear one of the Saviors say in disgust. "Hey asshole, what the fuck is this shit?"

The Savior roughly shook her and her eyes slowly opened.

"I'm not cleaning up this shit, you're staying surrounded by this," the Savior spat and harshly yanked Isabella up.

Her body could barely keep up with his movements to the lab and she collapsed onto the bed.

"Jesus Clint, it's been days since she bit your ear off, chill out for now okay?" Michael spat at the man after seeing Isabella's condition.

"I found her like that. There's blood and puke everywhere, I don't know what happened."