95

Half an hour later the gates opened and out went the first team in which Isabella was in. Daryl, Rosita and Carol led them while Rick and Isabella trailed the team. She decided to leave Bear with those staying in Hilltop. She knew taking him into battle was risky and him being here to save any of the kids that got in danger helped ease her anxiety.

Isabella held her bag strap with one hand in nervousness and felt herself grabbing Rick's hand for comfort. He squeezed it in assurance and she smiled at him as they kept walking to their planned spaces.

They walked for some time to where one of the savior groups would be and they spotted them amongst a pile of cars on the road.

Everyone dispersed as they flanked the saviors who'd yet to notice them and Isabella ducked behind a tree. She unslung her bow from her bag and sent an arrow through one of their necks while Daryl simultaneously did the same with his crossbow.

"Holy shit!" One of the saviors exclaimed in surprise but the group was quick to send shots at them.

Isabella brought out her revolver and shot it at one of the saviors legs, and he fell to the ground in pain. She sprinted towards him and brought out her switchblade, sending it in his neck.

A savior begging for his life directed her attention and she saw Morgan mercilessly send his staff in his chest before slitting the saviors throat.

She saw him staring into the woods, almost as if he was seeing someone. Isabella understood whatever Morgan was dealing with. On the road back home, Isabella could've sworn she saw the face of Michael or Clint, or any of the members from Maine's faces when she killed people who tried to hurt them along the way.

She bit her lip before approaching Morgan. "Morgan?" She asked but he didn't move. She reached her hand out and placed it on his shoulder and he suddenly looked at her. "Morgan? You good?

He plastered a fake smile on before turning away from her and she looked into the woods, and noticed Jesus had seen and sighed.

Ezekiel calling their attention made everyone surround him as they looked at the items in his hands.

"What is it?" Michonne asked.

"A list and another map, and what appear to be other facts," he replied as he handed it to Rick.

"They're lining up saviors at the old mill road," Rick said aloud. "That's where Negan will be."

"Well we better hurry before they figure out what happened here," Isabella sighed and Carol nodded.

Rick then went on the walkie and told Maggie how things had changed, how it was trap and now they would trap the saviors themselves.

They met up with Maggies group and headed for the road and soon walked along a hill. Isabella and Jesus then walked to Morgan and both stood on left and right side.

"Hey Morgan," Isabella smiled the best she could at him.

"These people, you want to keep them safe and you think you need to kill other people to do that. That's not exactly safe for you, and ultimately may not be safe for the people you're trying to keep safe. It's a conundrum, or it's not," Jesus said. "But you can stop people without killing them. I mean, you almost stopped me."

Jesus was mainly speaking to Morgan but she knew he was speaking to both of them and she let herself listen to him. She knew he was right, but just like Morgan, it wasn't so simple.

When you've been cornered and forced to kill over and over again, it takes its toll on you; its not easy to let go of. She didn't enjoy killing people but she had to. It was all she knew, it was the only way she knew for sure she'd survive.