Chapter 6

The man stood up and looked towards the crowd. Then he started speaking ancient Egyptian, which Lana understood, but Steven clearly didn't.

She got on one knee and tugged on Stevens Jackett to tell him to do the same. The man noticed, and looked at the both of them.

"Oh bollocks." He said before doing the same, late.

"You guys. I know you both ." The man said to Steven and Lana. "Shit." She muttered under Her breath.

"Me? Hi...uh." He stood up, so did she.

"Mercenary. And a murderer." He said. "I'm not a murderer." Lana said, trying to convince the man.

"Mercenary ? No, no. I'm not a mercenary. She's not a murderer." He chuckled nervously. "No, I'm a gift shop-ist. She's a waitress. I work at a gift shop. My names Steven grant. Uh.. We're trying to get back home. Back to London. London?" He said Enunciating it. 

"Don't know why I'm saying it like that." He said, as the crowd started to surround the two.

"Well Steven grant of the gift shop, and Whoever you are. Will you return the scarab?" The man said to the two.

She looked Steven dead in the eyes and shook her head. "Afraid that's not much of a choice. Return the scarab." He said to Lana, as someone pushed her.

Then Steven went up and tried to give it to him. "Steven." Lana said, trying to stop him.

"Lana, seems like it's either that or We both die, yea? So let's just return this beetle and we'll be on our way." He said.

"You will give him nothing."  A voice says in his head.

Clearly, Steven didn't listen. As he was gonna give it to him, his fists closed. Lana knew that Marc did it.  She just smiled and snickered.

"I strongly encourage you to return that." Arthur said to Steven.

"I'm not.. I'm..,..im try... come on now. Its like my fingers froze." He said, trying to get his hand open to return the Golden beetle to Arthur.

"But here's some of that... I don't know, maybe it's the high altitude or something. " he finally got his fists to open, and just as he was going to give it to him his fist moved the opposite way.

Steven looked to Lana his eyes begging for help. She just sighed, knowing Marc could easily do it.

"I don't know what's happening." Then, he started walking the other way, weirdly. Four men took them both away. Lana kicked them, but failed.

A man came from a shop and took the scarab. Lana gave the man a knowing look, and a smirk.

As soon as he took the scarab, marc came out. "Hey Lana. Long time no see." Marc said, before beating all the men to floor. "Hey Marc." She said smirking around the body's.

Then Steven came back and she groaned.

"No the idiots back." The voice in his head said again.

He looked around, his fists were bloody. But so were Lana's. "Are you alright?" He asked her, concerned.

"I'm good. How about you?"

"Ehh.." he said, still confused.

The crowd moved to the two, Lana grabbed his wrists and he yelped in surprise. "Sorry!" He yelled as the two were running.

People everywhere started to come from every direction. "I'm sorry. I know I made you angry, I'm sorry. Please, I don't.." he said to everybody as the two ran away from everyone.

"Don't drop the scarab!" Lana yelled at the same time the voice in his head said "Don't you dare drop the scarab!"

"All right, all right, all right!" He yelled. The two of them got in a truck, trying to avoid the crowd still.

Steven drove off and Lana was in the seat next to him.

"What am I doing? What am I doing? I don't even have my license."

"Steven! You don't have your license?!" Lana yelled, and groaned.

"I don't know what's going on!" He said, rightfully so.

Lana felt bad for him, of course she did. She wanted to tell him everything. But that could come later, because right now they were being chased by a bunch of People.