Chapter 71

So uh I found these images searching google, so this is Nut (I'm doing something with her in these chapter 😏)

So I think that her ceremonial armor would be something like that, just with more armor and stuff. Main colors being gold and white.
And here's  her abilities

So uh yeah it's a lot

So uh yeah it's a lot. Anyways enjoy this chapter it's very good (especially you woofstar)

—————————————————————————-

Arthur's men (and women) were getting ready to go into the pyramid, among those men and women was also Lana and Layla.

Harrow hit his cane into the ground, and the pyramid opened up an entrance for them.

"The disturbance. Your gods felt it too." Osiris's Avatar said form inside the pyramid as all the other avatars of the Ennead entered as well.

"But what does it mean?" one asked.

"Someone is trying to release Ammit." Yatzil said, walking past the two men.

"But why?"

"Harrow." Osiris realized, the pyramid walls rumbled while it fell apart.

"Come. You won't believe what the Gods have hidden from mankind." Harrow said as multiple people followed behind him.

Lana and Layla stopped dead in their tracks.

All the gods came down from the steps to face Arthur and his followers.

"You're judges, not warriors. This doesn't need to happen." Arthur said, stepping down as well as he faced them all.

Osiris made movement with his hands, while Arthur pointed his cane at him.

Meanwhile, Lana and Layla ran to where the Gods were.

Lana and Layla both looked for Khonshu, Layla found him.

But, while Lana and Layla were looking for him The Gods avatars laid dead on the steps in the pyramid, as Arthur stood above them.

One of his followers gave him the Ushabti, and he stared at it, and then threw it on the ground, releasing Ammit from her cage.

There, Ammit stood in front of them all, tall and proud, her braids following behind her.

They all kneeled down in praise, getting on their knees.

She growled softly, and looked down at them.

————

Layla grabbed Khonshus ubshabti, while Lana looked for another. A very certain Goddess who was the goddess of the sky, and the stars.

Lana found it, and tears welled in her eyes. She had finally found her, and she grabbed her, following after Layla quickly.

——————-

"To whom do I owe my gratitude?" Ammit asked.

"Your humble disciple, my Goddess to whom you owe nothing." He said, slightly worried that she would just kill him off because of his unbalanced scales.

"Your scales lack balance."

"I understand. I had hope my penance might correct my imbalance, but I see now that's impossible. I accept the scales regardless of the outcome." Arthur said.

"They lack balance because of what lies ahead of you."

"Then we must spare the world the pain I will cause." He inhaled deeply. "I willingly submit."

"What lies ahead of you is your service to me."

"How May I serve you in death?"

"Your death is delayed."

He felt relieved from her words.

"I once relied on a servant whose scales balanced perfectly. In exchange, I was bound to stone for 2000 years. Mostly because of Nut." She mumbled the last part to herself.

"But I have disciples all over the world whose scales balance perfectly, awaiting your command. They are worthy, my Goddess."

"But you are the one who set me free. You are the avatar that I need. Serve me, and you will find peace." She put her hand on his head, turning it back slightly so he could look up at her.

"Do not let the pain of the past control you."

He thought for a moment. He realized he could have been a way better father For Lana. He wanted to be, but just didn't know how to. He felt.. sorry for her. And sympathy wasn't something he felt often.

"As you wish."

His eyes glowed purple, before finally getting his wish he had dreamed for the whole time.

————————

Layla put Khonshus statue on the ground, and stomped on it. Lana did the same after her.

"So.. who's she?" Layla asked Lana, motioning to the destroyed statue. Lana had a huge ass smile on her face.

Khonshu and Nut rose from the destroyed Ubshabtis, Layla stepped back while Lana smiled widely, grinning at the sight before her, seeming like a child on Christmas.

"Lana... you- you freed me?" Nut asked, having a small smile on her face.

"I sure did."

"Lana? Nut?" Khonshu said, sounding surprised.

"Well, would you look at that. You freed the old bird too." Nut said, now frowning and sighing.

"I do not sense Marc Spector in this world. He died fighting, no doubt." He said, now looking At Layla.

"Yeah. Fighting your war." Layla said.

"And it's far from over. If Marc is truly gone, I am in need of an avatar. Would you, Layla El-Faouly, protect the travelers of the nigh-"

He was interrupted by Layla.

"Are you joking? You turned Marc's life into a waking nightmare. Why would I ever sign up for that?"

"Because you won't win against Harrow and Ammit alone."

"Hey! You know me and Nut are here right? She beat you in gambling too, old man." Lana said, Nut laughed and mocked Lana by putting her arms around her chest just like she did.

"Sorry. You three won't win against Harrow and Ammit alone."