Chapter 54

I've risen from the dead 🧟‍♀️

"Wake up!" Arthur yelled to Layla as she walked away, tears begging to be let out as someone walked up to him.

"Sir, we just found another way."

————————————————————————

Lana continued digging through the pharaohs mouth, muttering apologies and how disgusting this was.

She pulled something out, and it was Ammits Ushabti.

Thudding was heard and she quickly looked at Steven and he looked where the noise came from, Lana made sure that Her guard was still up.

It was Layla, to their luck as they backed down.

"Layla! Look we won!" He said, Holding Lana's hand up, showing her The Statue of Ammit. He laughed but she didn't seem so happy or amused and he didn't notice.

"And the ushabti goes to us. Lana had to go digging down Alexander's the greats gullet, but she found it." He paused for a moment.

"You all right, Layla?" He finally noticed her not amused or happy face, rather a cold, darker stare than he was used to seeing from Layla.

"Can he hear me?" She said, stepping towards Lana and Steven slowly.

"Alexander? I don't think so-" Steven started but Lana nudged him with her shoulder, and whispered "Not Alexander, Marc you idiot."

"Oh-"

"What happened to my father?" She asked, looking at Steven then Lana.

"Layla-" Lana started.

"I want an answer from Marc, not you." Layla stated, her voice angry.

"I'm talking to you Marc!" She said raising her voice at him as something in him snapped.

Marc was now in control and Lana muttered "Oh shit."

"Come on. Let's go, let's go." He said, quickly as he tried to walk away and avoid the question Layla asked.

"No." She said, grabbing his wrists.

"We need to go right now." He said, trying to free his wrists.

"Marc, no, no. What happened to my father?"

"Listen to me. We need to leave right now. I will explain everything , I swear but we have to go." He said trying to get them to some sort of safety, looking at Lana for some help here, she just shrugged.

"Did you kill Abdullah El-Faouly?" She asked him, hurt in her eyes.

"Of course not, of course I didn't." He said

She looked down then back to him as she spoke again.

"But you were there?" She looked at him staring directly into his eyes and then looking at Lana who was looking down In guilt.

"Were you there too?" She asked, voice breaking. She turned back to Marc as she didn't speak.

"I..."

"Yeah. You were there. Lana wasn't, but she knew."

"You knew. Yet you didn't tell me."

"I'm sorry, Layla." Lana apologized.

"I was there. Yeah I was there." Marc admitted, breathing heavily and speaking softly.

"Yeah. And how did he die? " she asked, looking at Marc for an answer.

"My partner got greedy and he excited everyone at the dig site. I tried to save your father, but I couldn't save him.. And I...."  He tried his best to explain.

"No. But you brought a killer right to him. Right?" she raised her voice and pushed him Back in anger.

"Yeah. He shot me too. I was supposed to die that night. But I didn't die that night and I should have.

(Pov Lana Rn: 🧍‍♀️"wtf")

Layla looked away from Marc and tried her best to hold In tears.

"I've tried to tell you since the moment we met. "

Layla laughed.

"I just didn't know..."

"Oh, my god. That's the reason we met. You just had a guilty conscience. " She opened her mouth to speak but thudding interrupted them.

All three of them snapped their heads towards where the sound came from.

"They're here." Marc and Lana said, Lana sighing and cursing under her breath.

"There must be another way out." Layla said.

Marc took off his backpack, and dropped it on the ground.

"Okay. Go, Lana,  find it. I'll hold them off." He grabbed a spear looking thingie I guess.

"Be careful." She said softly, holding his shoulder before she ran off and he just looked at her and nodded.

"Come on!" He yelled into the hallway, waiting for Arthur.

People surrounded him everywhere, guns pointed at him from every direction. Arthur then stepped out of the hallway he was in.

"Just you?" He questioned.

"The rest is silence. I remember the first morning I woke up knowing that Khonshu was gone. Lana had also ran away. The quiet was liberating. You're a feee man. And of course with that freedom comes choice."  Arthur said, stepping toward Marc.

He stopped "And right now, you have a very important descision to make. "

Marc thought for a moment.

"Okay. "

The men with the guns stepped closer toward him, he grabbed the gun and started stabbing/ slicing the guys. Arthur grabbed a pistol (I think)

It happened in a heartbeat, 2 shots was all it took for Marc to go tumbling into the water as Lana and Layla looked in horror.

Silence. Silence was all That Marc heard, same with Lana. Lana never knew if she would be whole again, she though he was dead.

In his moments of drowning he had absolutely no thoughts, it was scary how silent it was.