Chapter 33

"Marc. Marc, that's enough." Steven said in the reflection.

The man kicked Marc as he was distracted and then punched him. Marc fell down on the floor.

Steven, no.. Steven wouldn't do that. Someone took over.

Next thing Marc knows is he is holding a knife to his neck, he stabs him and he falls.

"What? Oh god. Oh god. Steven what did you do?" Marc said softly, confused. He didn't believe that Steven would do this.

Steven? The same man who was scared to ask someone out. Steven? The same man who cries himself to sleep almost every night. Steven? The one who talks to people pretending to be statues. Steven? The man who talks to his fish.

There's no way a man like steven would do something like that. He was far too scared.

"I swear. That wasn't me." Steven said. He sounded scared.

"Then who was it? " The man behind him groaned as he got up.

"Where's the tomb?" Marc asked The kid.

"Take him to the ledge. " khonshu said, his voice laced with absolutely no feelings whatsoever.

"He's just a kid."

"He'll talk."

Steven walked towards the kid and grabbed him by his jacket. He was right on the edge, where Marc could easily end his life right there.

"Where is Harrow?" Marc said, angrily. The kid didn't answer.

"Where is harrow?" Marc repeated. He knew he didn't have a lot of time left.

"Praise Ammit."

"No, kid."

And with the knife the kid had earlier, he cut off the part that was holding him. He cut off the strings of life and death, and chose death.

He fell down to the bottom of the desert floor, as his body thuds to the ground. Marc didn't want to kill him, Marc didn't want him dead. Marc just wanted answers.

He looked down in horror at the child, who once had a life, he no longer did.

The thing about death is that you don't really get over it. No matter how many times you try, you still feel guilty. Even if it wasn't your fault, He  knew this all too well.

He gasped at what he did.

"Mmm. I thought he'd talk." Khonshu said, looking down at the body on the desert sand.