Chapter 52

I passed my exam 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽 anyways on with the book

While Steven and Lana were running to find Ammits statue, Layla was lighting a flare, then threw it down in the pit that's seemed to never end.

"Steven? Lana?" She said, expecting an answer but she didn't get one.

She climbed against the rocks on the wall, trying not to fall to her death.

The rocks were crumbling beneath her, she went faster and almost fell.

She continued to move forward, but she didn't see the dark hole in the wall. Well, it was really dark I guess.

Hands could be seen and she jumped in shock and fear.

She almost fell to the edge but quickly saved herself.

The mummy grabbed her in a flash, pulling her back with a shriek as she screamed and tried to get away from the undead creature.

She fell as she pulled one of its hands off, she kicked the Mummy punched it. And then it pinned her against a wall, choking her.

She struggled against the mummy hitting it repeatedly in the face, it did the same with its one hand now. Layla stopped it. His bone was pointy, and looked deadly.

She groaned as she continued to try to defend herself against the mummy.

Layla grabbed the flare, and hit the mummy multiple times in the face, it lit up red and screeched loudly, an annoying sound. Layla pushed it off of her and into the dark never ending pit.

She was just about to fall off as well, but quickly grabbed onto the ledge, and pulled herself back up to safety.

She panted and coughed on the floor. She screamed in frustration, anger, and confusion.

She felt lost.

She sat up and noticed Arthur was staring at her, he was far.

————————————————————————-

While that was happening Steven and Lana continued their adventure.

"Oh, my days. First one in. Tomb fit for a pharaoh." Steven said happily , walking across the rocks as lana followed him.

"Thutmose ||."  Lana pointed out and Steven looked around.

"Nefertiti." He continued for her as they named off everything.

"Oh, it's gotta be one of the big'uns." Steven said, looking excited.

"So, you kissed Lana."  Marc said in the reflection of the water, sounding a bit upset.

"What are you gonna do? Try and drown us now?" Steven said.

"I should." Marc said.

"Let me guess, Marc?" Lana said sighing slightly.

"Yep."

"Where's Layla?" Marc had asked.

"She should be here soon."

"I'm surprised. You also told her the truth about why I've been pushing her away. And that was... unexpected. "

"Yeah." Was all Steven said, walking up the stairs as Lana quickly followed behind him, and she grabbed his shoulder.

He turned towards her and then back "Wow. Look at that. Look at all these relics."

"Steven? Isn't that Macedonian?" Lana asked, crouching down.

"No way. That's not right. That can't be right. " he crouched down as well looking at Lana as he spoke.

"But the only pharaoh. But I mean, he insisted on calling himself Egyptian. But..."

"I think we're looking at the long lost tomb of.."

"Alexander the Great." Lana and Steven said in sync as they stared at the tomb with awe.