Chapter 78

"Layla." He said, rushing over to her.

"Marc."

They hugged as Lana stood awkwardly beside them and glanced down at Arthur.

"How did you get back?"  Layla asked.

"That's a very good question." Lana said.

"Wow, you look amazing. What are you wearing? And Lana, Well, you look...I'm at a loss for words Lana." He said in a British accent.

Arthur stood back up and Lana quickly got ready.

———-

"Why fight, knowing you will fail?" Ammit said.

"Because it is my choice! The very thing you take away. " he grabbed his staff and swung at her as she leapt at him.

———-

"Hey I'm really jazzed about showing you both these new skill sets we have." Steven said.

"All right, show us what you got."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

Steven Lana and Layla ran towards him, Lana and Steven stayed on the ground while Layla flew up.

Lana grabbed little knives that were on her shoes and went through the men, Steven followed and went in front of her.

He punched one, Lana stabbed the other, so on and so on.

Arthur shot a beam of purple light at Steven and Lana but they both quickly dived it, Lana going the other way than Steven did.

Steven threw the batons at him, but Arthur deflected them and they went back to Who was now Marc again.

Lana was in between Layla and Marc, as they ran up to him again.

———————-

Khonshu was hit by Ammit and groaned and coughed as he fell down, Ammit was overpowering him.

Nut was helping Lana, marc and Layla on the other hand, and hit some of the other men from a distance with knives.

I mean, knives were clearly her specialty.

———————

Shots rang through their ears, but they continued to run to Arthur. Marc got onto of a car and dramatically threw both of the moons that were on his chest once.

Lana and Layla on the other hand, fought Arthur.

He used his cane to deflect their hits and tried his best to not hit Lana (for some odd reason he was starting to feel bad for her)

He felt bad at the worst possible time.

Lana was hit anyways, and was knocked onto the floor, but she quickly got back up.

Marc was now angrier at him, and hit him with more force.

But Arthur wasn't having it.

Arthur planted his cane into the ground, purple surrounding them and shooting them away, Layla went against a wall and Marc against a car while Lana was thrown against the hard concrete wall, but was saved when Nut came up behind her and stopped her from going any further back.

Nut help up Lana's head and made sure that she didn't fall back.

—————————-

Khonshu was knocked to the ground (yet again)

Things just never seemed to go right for any of them really did it?

Especially Lana, that girl needs some therapy. Everyone already knows that though