Nuts memories 4

This is important for next chapter and stuff.

Warnings- suicide, mental and physical abuse, running away, abandonment

I cried making this btw

There she was. Lana had missed her, and she secretly, although she wouldn't admit it, missed her as well and had grown to love the girl.

Yes, Lana could be aggravating and annoying, and awkward, but she loved her.

She loved her because she was so... broken. And it's like a piece of her heart was missing, both Khonshu and Nut knew that it was a parental love that her parents couldn't give her.

Nut knew that Lana's parents left her, her real parents.

Nut had looked into her memories, every God or Goddess did when they found a new avatar, and found a younger her, stranded on the desert with no one but one man who guided her.

Arthur.

So she looked more deeper, Lana's real parents were cruel, perhaps even more than Arthur had been to her.

Her father used her for money, using her to steal things from other people, and beat her when she didn't do something right. Even if it was the smallest thing ever she did wrong.

Her mother on the other hand, had let this all happen, and she did even worse. She had made Lana kill some random guy on the street.

"Mama-"

A harsh slap came across Lana's sweet and innocent face. She was about 8 at the time. Her mom yelled at her and demanded for her to finish the man off, and waved the gun in her face.

Lana stood still and looked at the man, his face had dirt and he had blood on him.

Her mom had taken him in, beat him half to death, and then tried getting Lana to kill him.

"I don't want to-" another slap rang around the empty room.

"God. You're a disappointment, why can you be like your brother, huh?! He's always been the better one of you two, always! He's never brought Shame to this family once in his life. You've done it multiple."

Lana started crying at her yelling. Her brother was one of the nicest people ever, so what did she mean?

Truth is, he was scared.

Then a year later, news came that her brother had hung himself in the basement of their house. Her mom had blamed her for everything.

"This is all your fault! All of it! I never want to see you again, you hear me?"

She ran upstairs, sobbing and bringing her legs to her chest.

The first time she ran away was that sad day, at 9 years old, a year before Arthur found her on the hot desert floor.

Nut hadn't told her all that had happened. She thought it was better that she didn't remember, maybe she did remember and just chose to pretend like it didn't happen.

For now, Lana seemed happier than she had been. Even if she wasn't the happiest.

Even if Arthur hadn't been the best father, he had been better than the both of her real parents.