Chapter 72

"We'll take our chances."

"Marc was in crisis over you. His lack of focus got him killed." Well, Marc was also focused on Lana but Khonshu wouldn't blame her.

Lana and Nut on the other hand, were literally playing Rock Paper Scissors, Lana currently losing.

"You need a plan, little bug. What I offer-" he tried but was rudely interrupted by Layla for the second time.

"I don't care what you can offer. Marc didn't trust you. I don't trust you. Lana might, but i don't. We'll work together without me enslaving myself." She said.

"We must rebind Ammit."

Lana perked her head up and stopped playing her game of Rock Paper Scissors (she was still losing sadly)

"I have an idea for that."

Khonshu, Layla and Nut turned to her.

"We obviously need an Avatar for her, right? How about... Arthur?"

Khonshu disappeared while Lana just shrugged when Nut and Layla looked at her for an answer at where he went.

_______________________________

"Let us purify the souls of Cairo and then the souls of the world." Ammit said as Her followers, this time including Arthur.

Khonshu went in front of them, making them stop.

"Khonshu. Time has been cruel to you."

"Indeed. I cannot allow you to proceed." Khosnhu said to the Goddess.

"Lana." He muttered under his breath, looking up at Ammit and hesitating before he spoke again.

He did feel bad for her, and he has a whole ass note ready in case something happened to him. It was an apology.

"There's someone else here, find who released him." He told one of his followers as they scattered around the pyramid.

_____________________________

Marc stared out into the peaceful and calm Fields as the crops moved slowly and danced along with the wind gracefully while the sky was painted a yellow orange with clouds.

"The scales are balanced. Your heart is full." Taweret said to him.

His heart didn't feel full, it feel empty. It felt worse than ever before.

He stared down at the stone heart in his hands, and thought deeply.

"Your journey is over."

"It's so... quiet." He said.

It was indeed very quiet, and very pretty.

"The peace you've always wanted, but never had. You're manifesting it. No danger no loneliness or hurt."

But Marc felt lonely. He felt hurt without Steven.

"What about Steven?" Marc asked, looking at her now.

"He's gone, Marc. The Duat has him. Please.. enjoy your peace." She said as quiet and nicely as she could .

Marc looked around again and felt something was missing in the fields.

"We need to go back for him."

"It doesn't work like that. Leave here, and you can't return. Anyway.. you don't need him anymore Marc."

That was were she was wrong, Marc had always needed Steven. Steven had been there for him when no one else was (except for Lana)

"So I get to go on to eternal peace and he just... stays lost in the sand forever?"

Taweret just stared at him.

"No, I'm not good with that."

He backed up, and breathed heavily before going back into the Duat.

"Wait! Think about this!" Taweret called.

But he didn't need to think, he just knew that he needed to go back to Steven and that Steven needed him.

He ran into the sands, looking around for Steven.

He finally saw something in the sand, and knew it was Steven by the way it was standing.