Chapter 50

I should probably be studying for my exam tomorrow but instead I'm doing this so 👍🏽 yeah enjoy

Lana stayed in the corner as they observed it, she was hyperventilating at this point. She couldn't even hide it anymore like she usually did.

"Hey, hey, Lana. It's fine. Your fine, alright? We're gonna get out of here soon enough and we'll all be safe, alright?" Steven said crouching down to her.

"No. No Steven it's not fine. My dad is this reason their dead, hell! He could be the one doing this all actually." She said, her voice breaking and shaking (I'm the king of rhymes)

"Hey. Lana, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about dragging you into this mess in the first place." He held out his hand for her to hold, she took it and held it.

"Let's keep moving." Layla said, watching the two.

"Um. Just a minute, just a minute." Steven said stopping as he put one hand on Lana's eyes, blocking her from the view of the blood. And he told her to cover her ears and she did.

"Im just saying what I see, and I see lots of bones and blood going that way. So I'm just thinking, like what if there's maybe another.." Steven looked around and Lana was still holding his hand as she followed him.

She thought that maybe Layla and Steven though she was weak. That was her worst fear, was being thought of as weak. Steven doesn't even think he's seen her this weak, But he'd help her the best to his abilities no matter what.

Lana was  a result of someone who has a fear of blood. That's what Steven and Layla thought, but there was much more to it than that.

She had a fear of blood because she's seen it so much times. Her dad would say it was Ammit judging people, and left it at that. But she wasn't stupid, she knew exactly what happened to all the people with bad scales.

She had even scales, which is perhaps why he thought she was so special.

"There's an opening up there. You see that?" He asked Lana and she nodded.

"Let's check it out then." She said, masking her shaky voice.

Steven went up, and held out his hands for Lana to come up with him and she grabbed it and went up. She was shaking ever so slightly, but wouldn't let that show.

"You guys good?" Layla asked.

"Yeah." They both said, looking at everything.

"So, according to the ancient texts Ammit should be bound to an ushabti. Statue things."

"How's it looking?" Layla asked the two as they looked around for it.

"It's looking amazing. I mean this... it looks like a freshly filled Canopic jar, and snake skins." Lana looked the other way and took in a deep breath, if there was a good time to get over her fear it would be now.

"And self regeneration..." he continued.

"Steven? Lana?" She said pointing her flashlight to the exit "The exit."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah we can go this way." Steven confirmed. A gun fired in the distance, and they all got pretty scared.

"Harrow." Layla said, Lana just sighed.