Chapter 29

"I'm taking it back." Steven said, well.. he tried at least.

"We've always managed to keep a wall between us, but somethings changed. The one who controls the body has become stronger. The reflections help, but most of the time, it'll take all your willpower just to be a fly on the wall."

Lana looked at Marc weirdly. What in the world could they be talking about?

"You can't do this. Keeping me trapped in here. You have no right. My whole life.. I can't get Lana, the person who I've loved since 6th grade and I can barely keep a goldfish alive. I just got Lana. I lost my job. Lana lost her job. It's been you. It's always been you eating away parts of my life like a parasite." Steven said, angrily.

"Look, when I am done, when I have repaid my debt, I swear to you. You and Lana will never hear or see from me again. I promise you. We wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Khonshu and my... servitude is the price that I pay. "

"Marc. What do you mean? Are you seriously not going to give Steven his body back." Lana said finally putting all the puzzle pieces together.

"Look Lana. Go home. Please. "

"Go home? I'm not gonna go to my bloody apartment so that I can sit around and do nothing!" She shouted.

"What kind of servitude?" Steven finally asked.

"The kind that leaves me covered in blood."

"Yeah, well that blood is on my hands. You ruin peoples lives. Everything you touch, you ruin. Your hurt people, you abandoned your wife. You left her stranded."

"I did not. I am protecting her and Lana. You don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you did. I saw."

"Khonshu has his eyes on Her. He wants her as my replacement. I'm never gonna let that happen. His second replacement is Lana. "

Lana was technically willing to do that, Layla wasn't however. If it came down to Lana having to replace Marc or Becoming Ammits body she would choose to replace Marc no hesitation.

"You're a liar I don't believe you. I don't believe a word you say." Steven said in anger.
Lana frowned.

"Im never letting him near them. Just shut up!"

"I won't let you hurt anyone again."

Lana could tell something bad was gonna happen.

The bell rung and finally Marc had enough. He stomped the mirror.

Lana watched wide-eyed in shock.

"M-Mar-"

"Go home Lana. Seriously."

And what else could she really do honestly? She ran with tears in her eyes.

And both of them that day, Marc and Lana drank their troubles away. Which was what they knew how to do best when it came down to it. (Well lana also went to hospital)