Chapter 62

I'm currently sobbing while writing this, I apologize deeply.

"Dr. Grant?" Steven said, still following the three of the children.

Thunder was rumbling, and it started raining.

"Marc, didn't your mom say not to go in if it was raining?" Lana said, her tone laced with worry as she looked at him.

"It'll be fine. Don't be a baby."

Lana hesitated, but followed them anyways.

"Hey! Marc, I'm just gonna chill out here, just in case your mom calls for us or something." Lana said, which was a lie. She had a bad feeling about this.

Technically, she was only allowed to be here because her "dad" had left on yet another mission, but he just lied to Mrs. Spector and said it was a business trip. She was more than happy to take in the girl for a few days.

But, Arthur didn't know that she was friends with Marc, and rather as neighbors.

"Alright, Lana!" Marc said while him and his brother entered the cave.

Steven looked at Lana for a little.

She was still the same.

Then he went into the cave, and noticed the water starting to reach his feet.

"Um.. Marc! There's water going up in the cave!" Lana yelled, but none of them heard her apparently.

"Oh god. Oh, no. Lads? You have to get out of here! Boys?" Steven tried his best, but they obviously couldn't hear him.

"Don't go any further! The waters rising too fast!" Steven said, traveling farther into the cave to help the boys.

"Marc! The waters rising!" Lana yelled, louder this time.

Still no answer.

Lana was full on panicking at this point, trying her best to yell out and help them, but didn't dare to actually go in the cave.

"Marc! Marc!"

"Boys? Where are they?" Steven tried, the water rising even faster now.

While Marc on the other hand was trying to get Steven out.

"Steven? Come back here!" He yelled.

Marc turned to another door and gasped as he saw his mother staring right at him. And he just stared back.

"Help us, please! Help us!" Marc yelled.

"Marc! RoRo! I'm gonna get help, okay?!" Lana cried, and ran towards his house as fast as she could.

They were only children, and children weren't really too bright on what to do in situations like this.

Lana was too late.

"It's just a memory. It is just a memory. Damn it Steven." Marc repeated, trying to calm himself down.

Marc then saw another door. The funeral.

Marc and Lana were upstairs. While his mom and everyone else was downstairs.

Marc had been crying into Lana's shoulder for a few hours now, and she let him while hugging him and reassuring him it's not his fault.

"I want my RoRo back."