Chapter 25

"Do you know what this is?" Arthur asked, nodding to his cane.

"Yea, we're not idiots." Lana muttered.

"Yep. It's a cane, yeah."

"This is... Ammits gift to her first avatar. "

"All right." Steven said, not really understanding why this was important.

"It contains in it a tiny sliver of her power. " steven stood up and grabbed Lana's wrist and pulled her up.

"I don't wanna used it. I dont."

"Then dont." Steven said, as Lana and him backed up.

"We can't help you."

"Yes you can. I need to know, where is the scarab? Where is the scarab? Where is the scarab?" He repeated.

Steven looked at Lana and saw her fiddling with the cuffs with a paper clip she grabbed behind her. Once she was free she just dropped the cuffs on the floor.

"See you took the lessons you learned to heart." Arthur said while looking at Lana then back to Steven.

"No. " Steven said, refusing to give up Layla.

"I have it." A voice that they both recognized and turned around to see Layla holding up the scarab.

A stupid move. Lana thought. She could have been safe at home, why would she risk it?

"You couldn't possibly understand the value of what you're holding. Let me have that. I'll keep it safe." Arthur said as Layla walked towards them.

"There is no deal in this Marc! Fix this. Fix this!" Khonshu said from behind Lana and Steven.

"Summon the suit." Layla said but Steven have absolutely no clue what she meant. Lana groaned at his stupidness, which she thought was cute but there was bigger thing to worry about.

"Sorry what?" He asked in confusion.

"Summon the suit. " Layla said, she still thought that Steven was putting up an act and that it was really Marc.

"Summon the soup? What are you saying?" Steven said, Lana would usually laugh but not right now.

"The suit summon it."

"The suit?" Steven asked again, still confused as he looked to Lana.

"And keep this safe." She said shoving the scarab towards his chest.

"So be it." Arthur said.

"Let's go, let's go." Lana went in front of them and Layla grabbed stevens hand. Some men started attacking them but Lana easily took care of them.

Layla and Steven went up the stairs. Arthur put his cane in the floor.

Purple. The floor tiles turned purple. Interesting. Lana thought but had no time to think as she was stopped by another man. They went the opposite way and Layla threw him off.

Arthur started speaking in an odd language that Lana couldn't recognize or remember him teaching her at all.

The three of them went into a room quickly and shut the doors.