Alone | Hyunjin

-----------------------------------------------

Hyunjin's pov

Most people don't know about my secret. I just didn't dare say it. Every once in a while, I have really bad nightmares, always with the same ending. I dream about something horrible would happen to me or my family but most of the times it's one of my members.

These nightmares keep me up at night, which is the reason why I've been so tired and exhausted recently. I need to sleep so badly but currently I'm terrified of having another bad dream. How much longer can I bear this?

I sighed, tossing and turning in my bed. I look to Seungmin, who's sleeping deeply and firmly. I would kill for a peaceful sleep but I know it's not gonna happen soon. After some time my weariness overcame me and I fell asleep eventually.

Seungmin's pov

I woke up to a loud scream.

In an instant I opened my eyes and looked around to see where the noise came from. I was shocked at the sight I faced.

Hyunjin moved restlessly in his bed and shouted some incomprehensible words.

What the hell? I was confused to what was going on since I've never witnessed something like this. I jumped out of my bed to rush to Hyunjin, stopping him from moving around.

"WAKE UP HYUNJIN! WAKE UP!" I shook him and thankfully he stopped moving but he was still slurring some words.

"N-no, l-leave me", was all I could understand.

"HYUNJIN, wake up! It's just a dream!" With one final shook he finally opened his eyes and had shock written on his face.

"Hyunjin, look at me! Are you okay? You were shouting!" I loosened my grip.

He was covered in sweat and looked around suspiciously. Then he noticed me and rubbed his eyes. "I-I'm sorry that I w-woke you up", he stuttered.

"Hey, it's okay, really. It was just a bit scary seeing you like this", I admitted. "What the hell were you dreaming about?" I sat down beside him.

He sighed. "It was just like my other dreams but this time it was much more realistic and cruel. I-I can't tell you, it's just that, y-you were there a-and-" He gasped for air and sobbed heavily.

I pulled him into a hug since I didn't really know what to say. "How long have you been having these nightmares, hyung?", I asked after he calmed down.

"Too long", he whispered, wiping his tears with his blanket away.

"Oh Jinnie, why didn't you say anything? Maybe I could've ...you know, helped you."

He shook his head. "There's nothing you can do to stop these nightmares. I-It's never going away", he sighed heavily, letting his head drop.

I felt so bad for him. Think, Seungmin, think.

"Uhm, I can be here with you until you fall asleep. Maybe this will help?", I said softly.

"T-thanks, but I can't go to sleep now, w-what if it h-happens all over again?", he cried.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and pulled him closer to me. "Jinnie, I'm right here okay? If something happens, I'm here for you, okay? You're not alone, don't you ever forget that."

For a while we just stared at each other's eyes, reading the other person's thoughts before we both fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------