Scarred | Minho pt2

-----------------------------------------------

a/n:

-tw: mentions of restrictive eating, self-hatred, swearing

-requested by AchtinAkhesh

-as requested, another part!

-----------------------------------------------

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

Hyunjin's pov

I sat in the hospital waiting room, my fingers tapping nervously against my thigh. Beside me, Felix fidgeted his fingers, worry etched across his face. We've been sitting here for the past hour, without knowing what was happening to Minho. After the paramedics came, everything was a blur of hectic and chaos, and I couldn't really process anything at all.

The tiredness and exhaustion I felt earlier has been long-forgotten and I begged that everything would be okay. Still, I couldn't shake off the bad feeling I had.

I was certain that Minho was hiding something.

"Hyunjin, do you think he'll be okay? It's taking too long, isn't it?", Felix whispered, his voice filled with anxiety.

I sighed, glancing at the door to the examination rooms. "We'll just have to wait and see."

As if on cue, the door swung open, and a doctor emerged, his face grave. My heart skipped a beat and Felix grabbed my arm tightly.

"Is Minho alright?", I blurted out, unable to contain my fear.

The doctor nodded, his expression sympathetic. "Minho is stable now, but he needs rest and time to recover," he said courtly before already turning away.

"U-Uhm, sorry, but what exactly is the problem? What caused him to faint?" I stopped him, desperate to get more answers.

The doctor gave me an uncertain look while adjusting his glasses. "You are not related, are you?"

We both shook our heads.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you then. If you want to see him, he is in Room 24."

With that he walked away, leaving us more confused than relieved. What had Minho been keeping from us? Why didn't he trust us enough to confide us in? There were so many questions in my head, swirling like a tumultous storm, desperate for answers that seemed just out of reach. As Felix and I made our way to Minho's room, I couldn't help but to feel nervous.

Minho lay in the hospital bed, looking pale and exhausted. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw us enter but I couldn't tell if he was happy or upset.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked, stepping closer to his bed.

He just shrugged, avoiding both our eyes. Felix and I exchanged glances, neither of us wanting to initiate the difficult conversation that lay ahead. The weight of unspoken words hung heavily in the air, and yet, we both knew we couldn't avoid it any longer.

"Minho, I think we should-"

"Felix, could you please step outside for a moment?", Minho suddenly interrupted, making my mouth shut immediatly.

Felix seemed to be caught completely off guard by his request, his eyes moving nervously from me to Minho.

"W-what?"

"Lix, please, just go," he said sternly.

I watched Felix exiting the room, looking more hurt than ever but if it helped Minho to open up, he would understand it afterwards.