Cared | Hyunjin

-----------------------------------------------

a/n:

-tw: needles

-requested by: natterflynate

-hope you like it!

-----------------------------------------------

ᯓ★

Hyunjin's pov

Coming back to the dorm after a long day of rehearsals, I felt a gnawing sense of unease settle in my bones. At first, I thought it was just exhaustion. We had been pushing ourselves hard, and it wasn't unusual to feel a bit rundown. But this was different. My head was pounding, my throat was sore, and my body ached in ways it hadn't before. Every muscle felt heavy, like I was wading through thick fog.

The others were gathered in the living room, chatting and laughing. I tried to muster the energy to join them, but even the thought of sitting up on the couch felt overwhelming. "Hey, Hyunjin! Come watch this movie with us!" Jeongin called out, his eyes bright with enthusiasm.

I forced a smile and shook my head. "I think I'll just head to bed early. Feeling a bit tired."

Chan looked up from his phone, concern flickering across his face. "You sure? You don't look too good."

"Yeah, just need some sleep," I replied, trying to sound convincing. The last thing I wanted was to worry them.

I retreated to my room, the cool darkness offering a small measure of relief. Changing into comfortable clothes felt like a Herculean task, but I managed it before collapsing into bed. The sheets felt too warm, then too cold, and I couldn't seem to get comfortable no matter how much I tossed and turned.

As the night wore on, the discomfort escalated. My throat felt like it was on fire, and each breath was a struggle against the congestion in my nose. I shivered uncontrollably, my skin clammy with sweat. Sleep eluded me, replaced by a restless haze of fever dreams and discomfort. I closed my eyes, hoping that by some miracle, I'd feel better by morning.

--

Seungmin's pov

The morning sun filtered through the blinds as I stretched and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. It was rare for me to wake up before the others, but something had nudged me from my dreams. As I walked past Hyunjin's room on my way to the kitchen, I couldn't ignore the uneasy feeling in my gut.

A quiet groan from inside his room caught my attention. I hesitated for a moment before gently pushing the door open. The sight that greeted me made my heart drop. Hyunjin was tangled in his blankets, his face flushed and covered in sweat. His usually vibrant features were pale, his breathing shallow and labored.

"Hyunjin?" I called softly, stepping closer. He didn't respond, just turned his head slightly, his eyes half-open but unfocused. I reached out and touched his forehead, instantly recoiling at the heat radiating from his skin. He was burning up.

I didn't waste another second. I rushed out of the room and found Chan in the kitchen, his brow furrowed over his phone. "Chan hyung, you need to come quickly. It's Hyunjin. He's really sick."

Chan's head snapped up, and he followed me without a word. Back in Hyunjin's room, he took one look at our friend and his expression darkened with worry. "Hyunjin, how long have you been feeling like this?" he asked, his voice gentle but urgent.

Hyunjin's response was barely a whisper. "Since yesterday... thought it would get better."

"We need to do something. His fever is way too high," I said, trying to keep the panic out of my voice.