Saturday shivers

Surprisingly I did manage to get some sleep Friday night but I think that it was due to sheer exhaustion and crying more than anything else. I woke up Saturday morning feeling pleasantly refreshed and then it hit me when I turned over. Eddie wasn't here and it was all my fault, I had betrayed him and was now about to spend the day with the guy I cheated on him with.

I borrowed my Aunt's car for work as I had been so used to getting a lift everywhere with Eddie that I hadn't thought to get myself a car yet. I would start looking Monday morning to see what I could get. I pulled up too work and prepared myself to enter the store. As I did Robin went quiet. Her and Steve were stood behind the counter, Steve had his back to me but Robin was facing me. I had no doubt what it was that they had been talking about just seconds before.

I walked up to the counter and Steve turned around. I gasped. He had a black eye and a split lip. "What the hell happened to you? Why the heck did you not answer the phone yesterday when Dustin rang you?" I was concerned but knew who was to blame.

"I'm going to go and sort some tapes. I think you 2 need to have a little chat without me." Robin made her excuses and left the 2 of us stood staring at each other.

"Are you going to tell me what happened? Or are you just going to stand there and make me guess what Eddie did to you?"

"Well as you have correctly guessed, Eddie did this. So basically Thursday night he turned up at my door, drunk, high and wearing wet clothes. Banging on the door. Told me to get outside and face him like a man." Steve chuckled, then grimaced in pain. "That old cliché. I came out to talk to him and before I had chance he had punched me in the face then punched me again. Screamed in my face that I was scum and I was never to lay a finger on his girl again or he would come back and finish the job. Got in his van and drove away. I took it from that that you had told him what had happened between us."

"Yeah, I had told him. I'm so sorry but I needed too Steve, there was no way that I could keep it from him. I told him about the kissing before as well. You don't need to worry about him now though, think he has done what he needed too. I haven't seen him since he left mine on Thursday so guessing I am single again." I started crying, admitting it out loud really hurt. I ran out to the back office.

After a few minutes a friendly arm was wrapping itself around me. "Cheer up Henderson, could be a lot worse. At least you were sensible." I glanced at Robin and sobbed louder. "You were sensible though. Right?" I didn't answer and I think that Robin got her answer from that. "Holy shit Y/N. What are we going to do?"

"We are going to sit tight and just wait for Mother nature to pay me a visit in 2 weeks and then that part will be fine. I have lost Eddie, Steve probably now thinks I am a slut but at least I won't have a kid on the way so I can still graduate."

"Are you going to go and talk to Eddie?"

"I don't think he would want to talk to me. I did speak to his Uncle Wayne yesterday and he asked me to give him some space. What do you think I should do Robin?"

Robin shrugged and a voice behind me gave me my answer. "I think that you should take the day off to clear your head and decide which one of us it is that you actually want. As for being knocked up, if you are then I will help and support you. So, what do you want to do?" Steve was stood leaning against the doorway with his arms folded against his chest.

"I don't want to leave the pair of you in the shit though but I do feel as though I need to sort things. Would the pair of you mind if I went? I just feel that I need to know exactly where I stand with things.

 Steve stepped towards me, kissed the top of my head and hugged me in a protective friendly manner. "Take all the time you need babe and make sure you don't stress too much. Just in case." I smiled up at him, grabbed my bag off of the floor and ran to the car. I wasn't going home though. Eddie was going to talk to me whether he liked it or not. We were adults and yes I had hurt him in the most awful way possible but we really needed to discuss things. I started the car and headed over to the trailer park.