Snow

Maverick got Bob to the cave, but Phoenix took charge in taking care of him.

She removed the upper part of his flight suit and his undershirt and saw the torn up parachute outside. She dragged it inside and ripped it to long pieces.

She wrapped his chest tightly with multiple layers of parachute fabric until the blood stopped showing through.

Maverick was busying himself with making a fire. He brought some wood near the entrance of the cave and started to light it.

Phoenix stayed knelt in front of Bob, simply waiting for him to wake up. Rooster eventually had to walk over to lay her down cause she fell asleep knelt in front of Bob. Rooster kept her next to Bob knowing that would give them comfort.

Maverick stared at the fire, thinking about his husband at home who was probably in pain of his "death."

"Dad..." rooster said to Maverick. He glanced at the boy.

"Pops doesn't think you're gone... it takes a lot more to kill you." Rooster said. Maverick smiled faintly and nodded.

"Yeah... it does take a lot more than this." He said with a chuckle as he fidgeted with his wedding ring. Hangman watched him fidget with his ring.

"How long have you guys been together?" Hangman said with a weak raspy voice. Rooster was surprised by his question, but decided right now wasn't a time to taunt. This would probably cheer up Mav.

"Unofficially since the 90s, officially 10 years ago. It was a beautiful wedding." He said with a soft smile. "But we still decided to keep it a secret." He said as he looked outside, feeling the cold breeze come in.

He closed his eyes, yearning for the warm embrace from his husband. He took a deep breath and stood. "Goodnight, gentlemen." Maverick said as he got up and walked further into the cave to enjoy the warmth.

Rooster stayed awake next to Hangman. Rooster got up and knelt down in front of Hangman to change a bandage on his cheek.

"Don't need to take care of me." Hangman said. He truly was feeling better if his pride was kicking in.

"I'm going to. Now shut up." He said as he stood up. He took off the upper part of his flight suit and sat down. His dog tags dangled from his neck as they gently grazed the white undershirt he wore.

Hangman caught himself gazing at him.

To be honest... he had fallen for the crazy man sitting in front of him. It had been a few weeks since he noticed his discovery.

He enjoyed loving someone, but... he was pretty sure the feels we're not reciprocated. He was about to close his eyes as he noticed a tear go down Roosters face.

Hangman turned his gaze towards him. Rooster covered his face and wiped his eyes again.

"Bradley?"

Rooster jumped and looked at Hangman. "Damn it... why are you scaring me like that? And what is up with you calling me by my first name?" He said quickly.

"Damn... just wanted to see if you're okay. Can't I ask?"

Rooster turned back towards the fire. "Yeah... yeah I'm sorry. I'm just on edge right now. Yo- a lot of people almost died today and it was because I wanted to go find Maverick." He said.

"Rooster, we all wanted to find him. This isn't just on you." Hangman noticed the gap between the two of them. He stood up slowly.

He winced as Rooster heard him getting up. He stumbled forward but before he could react, Rooster caught him. "I got you..."

"I know you do..." hangman said as he sat down closer to the fire. Rooster was curious as to what he meant by 'I know you do'.

He just sat next to the injured man and stared at the fire. "You think we're gonna make it out of here? I mean... the enemy found us earlier and almost killed Bob..." rooster asked as he laid down.

Hangman glanced at him and then looked outside. "We will be okay." He said.

Rooster nodded as a sigh escaped him. "Well, let's get some sleep. We need it just in case tomorrow is awful." He said as he pulled a makeshift blanket over him.

Hangman grabbed some snow and put it on the fire making it dark in the cave. He laid down with his back to Rooster.

Rooster noticed and sighed quietly. He pulled the blanket over Hangman. "Goodnight... Jake." Rooster promptly fell asleep shortly after.

But Hangman couldn't. He closed his eyes but he wasn't asleep at all.

Through the night Phoenix woke up finding herself being held by Bob. She pulled herself up carefully and check his bandages.

There wasn't any blood showing through. She sighed in relief as she looked at him. She took his glasses off of him so he could be more comfortable.

"You really adore him huh..." she flinched as she saw Hangman sitting up and glancing at the two. She cleared her throat as she got up carefully and got up to sit next to Hangman.

"Yeah... honestly. He's the best back seater I've ever had." She said as her memory flashed back to when they crashed. She didn't see him in the back seat.

She teared up a bit.

"I don't mean as a back seater ..." he said. She sighed and nodded.

"I love him a lot... but, he's my back seater. I can't make it weird." She said sadly.

Hangman nodded and chuckled. "Looks like we're in the same boat." She looked at him shocked and then looked at Rooster.

She met his gaze for confirmation.

He nodded.

"Wow... we really are screwed huh." She said with a chuckle.

"Yes. Yes we are." Hangman said as winced slightly.

The two watched the snow fall for about an hour. Phoenix suddenly felt someone fall asleep against her. She turned her head and saw hangman asleep. She smiled softly and started to fall asleep herself.

"Everything's gonna be all right." She said as she drifted off into the bliss of rest.

The next morning Maverick woke up alone. All the others were asleep so he felt he could start a new fire and find something for them to eat.

He took a deep breath as stepped outside of the cave.

"I'm bringing them home Ice. I promise."