Suspicious

Bob got back to the house and packed his thugs with everyone else. The silence was heavy.

Everyone would chat with each other but Bob would not say a word. Not even to Phoenix.

Maverick and Ice knew better than to make him talk, so they all just got their bags loaded into the van and drove to the airport.

Hangman looked at Bob. He couldn't take the pure pain that was on Bobs face. He wanted to make him feel better, but how could he make him feel better on a long drive to the airport?

Bob sat next to Phoenix, and she was passed out. Bob was staring out the window. Everyone else was either half asleep or just playing on their phones.

Hangman pulled out his phone and looked for Bobs number.

Hangman: bobbbb

Bob: what.

Hangman: you alright?

Bob: relatively.

Hangman: that's better than no. Excited to go home?

Bob: a bit. Just now remembering the US is at war so I know you guys are probably going to get sent out again.

Hangman: don't worry Buddy. We still will be right here with you.

Bob: I know.

Hangman: well... if you ever wanna talk. Just text me. Okay?

Bob: okay. Thank you.

Hangman:... wanna play 8 ball?

Bob: sure

The group made it to the airport, quickly passed through security, and got checked in to their flight.

Maverick sat next to Ice who was half asleep. Maverick was worried with how tired Ice was becoming. He had never seen him like that.

"Hun... you okay?" Maverick asked him. Ice lifted his head from his hands and looked at maverick. He looked so drained and pale.

"Yeah... yeah I'm okay." Ice said. Maverick raised a brow. "You don't look very good Ice. Mav said with worry in his voice.

Ice smiled softly, leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I'm okay my dear. Just ready to be home in our little ole house." Maverick simply smiled at that remark and kissed his cheek back.

"Sounds good to me."

Despite Ices reassurance, there still was this worry in the back of his mind. He felt something was entirely off... and he felt he had seen this before.

He felt as if he was experiencing deja vu.

The whole group eventually made it back to north island, and all of them went to respective houses to finally have a break from one another.

Phoenix took Bob out.

Fanboy, Coyote, and Payback didn't say what they were up to.

Hangman had an appointment but Rooster still decided to go by Mavericks.

Ice had decided to go to work while Maverick was sitting on his couch simply thinking about this odd sense of deja vu. He must've had an expression on his face giving away that he was thinking, but Rooster threw a wadded up paper towel at him.

"Don't hurt yourself thinking... what's wrong?" Rooster said to Maverick who snapped out of his trance. Maverick looked at him.

"I think there's something wrong with Ice." He said seriously. Rooster raised a brow.

"What do you think is wrong with him?" Rooster said now being curious himself. Maverick stood up and started to pace as he spoke.

"When we were at the Floyds, I hardly saw Ice doing anything. Even when you guys were messing around In the pool he didn't want to get in and nearly slept for the whole day." Maverick said.

"Maybe he was just tired." Rooster said, but Maverick simply shook his head in disagreement. He tried to think of where he saw this happen. Then he stopped.

Maverick shook his head and rubbed his neck nervously. "Your mother... when your mother had cancer..."

Rooster looked at Maverick and shook his head. "No... don't even go there. Ice is healthy. He probably is just tired from work. He's been doing this for years." Rooster retorted back.

Maverick was sinking into this hole of fear.

Ice couldn't be sick. He didn't want him to be sick.

As Maverick was about to say something when his phone rang. He looked at it and saw Ices name. He answered.

"Hello? Ice?"

"Hey hun... I just wanted to let you know that your retirement form has been processed and approved. Your retirement ceremony has been scheduled for the day after tomorrow." Ice said right before he coughed harshly.

Maverick thought back to when roosters mother was sick. "How are you feeling today?" He bluntly said.

Ice raised a brow. "A bit under the weather... don't worry about it." Ice said said seriously. Now that, that worried maverick a lot.

"Ice... you've been off for weeks now... we haven't talked about it, and I'm worried." He said as he motioned Rooster out of the room.

Rooster promptly left as maverick started to try and draw information out of Ice. "Nothings wrong..." ice said getting annoyed.

"And you're shit at lying! You've been for years..." maverick said gripping the phone. "I'm your husband. If something is happening to you I have every damn right to know." Maverick said as he started to pace.

Ice was silent after that.

Maverick even made sure he didn't hang up by accident. Suddenly a shaky sigh echoed through the phone.

"Come by the office... bring Bradley with you. I haven't been extremely honest, and I guess it's fair I talk to you both now..." Ice said as he walked around his office.

"Gotcha. Will be there in 15 minutes." Maverick said as he hung up. "Rooster! Get ready to go to the office. Your father is having a meeting with us." Maverick said as he pulled his coat on. He was nervous.

He had never been this nervous before except for their wedding day.

Rooster was already heading out to the car as maverick locked up the house. His hands were shaking.

He knew what Ice was going to tell him.

It would solve this sense of deja vu.

Things were going to be changing for both maverick and the love of his life.