Challenge

The group got to the bar and we're all sitting in silence. They all were surprised by Bobs reaction. They all knew he took any comments towards his friends seriously, but even more seriously towards Phoenix.

She sat next to him wanting to say something. He knew she wanted to say something but he didn't want to push her. He never would.

She sighed and looked at him after she took a sip of her drink. "Why did you do that?"

"Cause I won't let someone belittle you because they couldn't get to your level." He said as he sipped his drink. Her eyes widened slightly. He looked at her and smiled ever so slightly.

"I wouldn't be able to stand working with people who would belittle you for simply being better than them." He said as he looked at his phone for a second. Phoenix smiled softly.

"Thank you..."

Ice was in his office typing on his computer. He hummed quietly until Maverick basically came crashing into his office.

Maverick closed the door and locked it. He then proceeded to fall into a chair and turn his gaze away from Ice. Ice turned and looked at him.

"What did you do?" Ice said as he then continued typing. Maverick didn't answer.

Ice looked up at him and noticed something red on mavericks hands. Ice frowned as he got up. He walked over to him and stood in front of him. "Look at me..."

"I'd rather no-"

"that's an order captain." Iceman said seriously. Maverick sighed and turned his face towards him. Ice saw a bruise under his eyes and his nose bleeding. Ice sighed and walked over to his office door.

"Anna... bring me first aid and an ice pack." He said to his assistant. He walked back over to maverick and handed him some paper towels. Maverick nodded in thanks and wiped his nose. "Damn..." maverick said.

Ice noticed something wrong with Maverick. "You typically gloat when you beat people up, Mav..." Ice said worried. "Did you lose?"

"Ice, my love, I may be 5'7, but... I am very capable of fighting." Mav said as Anna stepped into the office. Ice took the first aid and said his thanks.

"I'm assuming you lost them.." Iceman said as he knelt down in front of Mav to take care of his eye.
Maverick didn't say anything.

"Still you are dangerous... well! What was the lovely reason you fought whoever you fought ?" Ice says as he cleaned under his eyes.

"They we're making fun of you..." maverick said. Ice looked at him as he said that. "They said you've grown soft... and that you're incompetent since they discovered you're gay." Mav said.

"Pete...you're 57 years old. You have to be able to move on and ignore peoples ruthless comments. If I dwelled on all the negative comments everyone gave me, I wouldn't be the Commander of the Pacific Fleet..." Ice said.

"I don't give a shit... We live in a time where your sexuality shouldn't be a concern to anyone. You're still the best COMPACFLT that this country has seen damn it." Maverick said as he moved Ices hands away from his face.

Ice knew maverick wasn't going to let this go. This was going to be bothering him all day, and tomorrow. He sighed and stood up and went back over to his desk.

"Names." He said.

Maverick looked at him. "What?"

"I want names. And don't worry, I won't be removing them from the Navy, but I will be letting them know I'm not soft." He said as he took a seat. He looked at his flight suit on the door.

Maverick looked at Ice, then the suit, and then back at Ice. "Wait... you're gonna fly?" Mav said as he shot up from his chair. Ice knew that would get him excited.

"Yes. Since they're so sure I'm soft, I'll show them soft." Ice said as he took off his jacket and handed Mav the note pad and pen.

"Names."

"Yes sir..." maverick said. He felt... a lot of things.

Ice and Mavs seven ducklings were invited to come watch Ice whip these dumbasses. Mav sat in the hangar with the jerks who punched him, and who were being homophobic as hell.

Mav didn't even care what their call signs were. "What'd you call us here for Mav?" One of them said.

"Oh it wasn't me..." mav said.

"It was me..." Ice said as he walked up behind them. Ice was wearing his signature flight suit. He even had his helmet and g-suits on. Payback, Fanboy, Rooster, Hangman, Phoenix and bob were shocked. They didn't think the admiral would fly again.

"Admiral! What're you doing in a flight suit?" One of the guys said. Ice looked at them. "All three of you are missing flight time from recent training. And since I don't trust your instructor ( which was maverick) to fill it out, I will be conducting the training." Everyone could tell he was lying

"Oh..." they said.

Iceman's reputation was now considered legend. No one knew if he was still capable of flying, or if he was still majorly lethal.

Ice smirked. "I'll be heading out. See y'all." He walked out of the hangar. The rude gentleman stared at Maverick.

"What did you do..." they said with anger in their voices. Maverick shrugged.

"I just went into his office and I guess he saw the bruise under my eye." Maverick said with a chuckle. They started to walk out as Ice climbed up into the cockpit.

"Good luck!" Maverick said.

"Shit..." they said.

Maverick walked over to his little horde of kids. "Mav, is dad gonna whip their asses?" Rooster asked curiously.

Maverick smirked. "I bet... they'll all get shot five times in the span of 10 minutes, and not one of them will get a lock on him." He said with extreme confidence of his husbands abilities.

"Is he a better pilot than you?" Bob asked as they all started to walk out of the hangar.

"Let's say... yes for now."