Compromise

Maverick was outside by the time Ice caught up with him.

Maverick was heading to the car when Ice basically stumbled outside the door of the office building. His chest was on fire.

He coughed and sank towards the ground as he coughed harder than the first. He gripped his chest. "Maverick!" He said as he pushed himself up.

"Captain Pete Mitchell, as your commander I order you to stop walking and come back here!" He said with pain in his voice.

Maverick just turned and looked at him. Ice met his annoyed gaze.

"I'm sorry... okay? I didn't think you would react like this." Ice was struggling to talk. He groaned in pain. A few soldiers walked out as he stood there.

He felt as if he was on fire. Maverick realized and ran over as the two soldier helped Ice sit. "Admiral?! Are you okay?" The female soldier said.

Maverick ran over and unbuttoned his jacket and took it off of him to cool him down. He assumed the running probably made his breathing worse. "Grab me a oxygen apparatus from the medical bay!" Maverick said as he removed Ices tie from his neck.

The soldiers ran inside and went to search for what he needed.

Ice struggled to breathe as he looked at Maverick. "I-I'm... sorry...." Ice said weakly. Maverick looked at him and couldn't believe he was trying to apologize.

"Shush... you're forgiven."

The soldiers came out with a portal oxygen tank and  placed it against Ices face. He took deep breaths and started to relax.

After a bit Ice was okay. Maverick was sitting next to him outside.

"So... what do we do now..." maverick said.

Ice stared ahead and then looked down at his wedding ring. "We continue to live... we continue to do what we do everyday, except I have cancer now." Ice said.

Maverick nodded slightly and looked at him. "When do you start chemo?"

Ice looked at him. "I start next week actually..." maverick nodded as he looked at Ice.

"And I'll be right there next to you..." he said. He sighed and held his hand. "I shouldn't of gotten mad, but you should've told me... told me a long time ago. Please don't do that again."

Ice squeezed his hand and nodded. "Alright... I'm sorry."

"You are forgiven... but it's normal. You're just being a pain in the ass like usual." Maverick said with a chuckle.

Ice rolled his eyes. "I thought pain in the ass was your title."

"It can be passed on." Maverick said as he stood up. He helped Ice up, ice held onto him as he pulled himself up.

"Sure it can..."

Hangman and Rooster walked out and saw the two standing there chatting. Rooster sighed in relief. "We're gonna head back onto the base. Do you need anything dad?" Rooster asked Ice.

Ice shook his head. "If I do, your fathers got it. Go rest kid." Ice said as he messed him Roosters hair.
Rooster felt a pain in his chest, as he thought about when Ice would be gone.

He simply nodded and walked off with Hangman. The two started to walk back to the barracks since it wasn't too far of a walk for the two of them.

"So... what's wrong with Ice?" Hangman asked.

Rooster thought of the fact that Ice actually had cancer. He slowly Stopped walking and sighed. "Do you... remember how my mom died?"

Hangman looked at him and nodded. "Yeah, from cancer." Rooster looked up and met Hangman's gaze with pain in his eyes. Hangman realized.

He realized exactly what was going on, and how much his fiancé was hurting. He pulled him into a tight hug.

Rooster hugged him, gripping onto his shirt. "W-what am I going to do..." rooster said starting to cry. "He won't make it to the date we planned, h-he won't get to meet our kids...." Hangman knew the pain he felt.

He just wanted a solution to make Rooster feel better. Hangman thought and then looked at him. "I can't fix all of those things right away, but there is one this I can do to help fix one of those troubles.."

"Which is?"

"We get married like next week." Hangman said. Rooster had the most shocked look on his face, that was a mix of disbelief and...

"What?" Rooster said.

"If you want, we can get married next week instead of six months." Hangman said. Rooster looked at him with a saddened expression.

"But you've been so excited to plan it, and all the stuff..." rooster said.

Hangman chuckled and sighed. "I was, but what I was the most excited about was finally being able to marry you and call you my husband. We could've gotten married on the battleship and I would've been happier than ever." Hangman said with his toothy smile that Rooster loved.

"You'd do that..." rooster asked again.

"Of course! It's important that Ice is here to see this. Two hopeless individuals finally getting married, and plus my mom has been telling me to hurry the hell up and seal the deal with you." Hangman said with a chuckle.

Rooster simply kissed him. Hangman stumbled slightly but kissed him back. He broke it slightly and looked at Rooster.

"You are the best fiancé soon to be husband anyone can ask for..." rooster said.

"I sure hope I am." Hangman said with a chuckle. "I promise... to be the best husband, wingman, aviator, and pain in your ass for you and our family one day. Hell, I'll add father into that mix. I'll be a good father for our family..."

Rooster smiled softly and kissed his cheek again.

"Trust me... I know..."

"How do you know?"

"Cause... I just know."