President

Ice got to DC and sighed as he was escorted to the White House. He walked up the steps and entered.

He went into the Oval Office and saw the president sitting there with the Secretary of Defense.

"Mr. President." Ice said as he entered. He sat before the man in a chair and looked at him. "I'm sure I'm here for a serious reason?" Ice said making sure the annoyance in his voice was sensed.

The President did hear it. "Admiral... we have a problem." He said. Ice raised a brow.

"What sort of problem, Sir?" Ice said.

An iPad was placed in front of Ice. Ice glanced at the iPad and swiped into a gallery of photos. It looked like a blown up base in foreign land.

Multiple ones...

And a sunken ship from the Atlantic fleet. It was an air craft carrier. Ice frowned at this. This is what he fought to avoid... and now, it's becoming a reality.

"The enemy is coming from both sides of our nation, with Miramar and Hickam as prime targets to start a full scale war..." the Secretary of Defense said. Ice sighed and nodded.

"This is a bit of a problem..." ice said with an annoyed chuckled.

"So admiral... the reason we called you is to know that you are who we are going to be going to figure out how to end this war. Lives are at stake." The President said as he stood up and walked over to Ice.

"Can see count on you to be our lead general for this war?" He asked. Ice stood up and mobbed. "Yes sir, whatever is needed I will do."

The President nodded and looked at him. "Effectively immediately, you have been promoted to a five star admiral. You are the commander of the entire east coast, and pacific. You will be a key player in directing this war."

Ranks were placed into Ices hands. Ice held them and nodded as he was soon after dismissed. He went back to his car and sat in the backseat.

"Where to sir?" His driver asked. "Back to the airport... I have to get home." He said as he took off his old stars and placed his new ones on.

He pulled out his phone and called Maverick.

"Hey... um... we need to chat real quick..."

Maverick sat in his room and was shocked. "You're a five star general?! Those are reserved for war- oh my gosh... this is more serious than just enemies coming into our waters." Maverick said as he heard the kids singing downstairs.

"It is much more serious than we thought. I'm the commander of the entire east coast now... not just the pacific and TOPGUN, everything. No one moves anything without my command..." ice said as he looked out the window of his hotel room.

"Mav... do you think I can do this with my cancer..." he said seriously. Maverick was silent for a second, but then he laughed slightly.

"Hun... what do you think you've been doing for the past few months? You had this cancer when you blew up the enemy ships when you saved me. I think you can do this, and if you need help I'm right here no matter what." Maverick said with a soft smile.

Ice nodded as he took off his tie. "Thank you. Well... I'll see you tomorrow at the wedding. Love you, and have a good nights rest. Oh! And make sure to take your pain meds for your leg." Ice said as he untucked his shirt.

"Yes sir. Make sure you take your pain meds and actually go to sleep. Okay?"

"Yes, Captain. Good night."

"Night, Admiral." Maverick smiled softly as he hung up. Maverick looked out the window and looked at the water outside his window.

A cold wind flowed in. He sighed and got up to close the window. He knew this war was going to be messy.

Very messy.

Rooster was sitting on the floor by his bed messing with his engagement ring. He was thinking about tomorrow.

He was excited.

Really excited.

But at the same time, a war loomed in the back of his mind. He knew he probably was going to be sent out soon... he wasn't ready.

As he felt his nervousness rising, hangman came into the guest room with two cups. They all were staying at Mavs house for the wedding.

"Here is your hot chocolate with marshmallows, and my coffee with whipped cream." Hangman said as he sat next to Rooster.

"Ah thank you." He said as he took the mug carefully into his hands. He blew on it to cool it down a touch. Hangman watched him slightly as he sipped his coffee.

"You alright?" Hangman asked.

"Yeah... I'm alright. Just, just thinking about the war, and how we're probably gonna get shipped out right afterwards." Rooster said as he sipped his hot chocolate.

Hangman nodded. "That's how it goes... but, since we're married. We'll most likely get shipped out together. Maybe." Hangman said as he looked at him.

Rooster nodded at that. "True..." he smiled tiredly and looked at Hangman. He leaned in to kiss him but stopped.

He smirked slightly and just got up. "I'm gonna save this kiss for tomorrow evening at our lovely wedding."

Hangman's eyes widened. "That's such a long time!" His reaction made Rooster chuckle.

"Can't handle me not giving you one small smooch for a day?" Rooster said as he walked over to him.

Hangman looked annoyed. "How about one more, and that's it." He said crossing his arms.

Rooster pretended to think. "Eh... maybe..." he leaned forward. "... not". He said as he walked over to the bed and laid down. Hangman gasped in disbelief.

"You little bastard." Hangman said as he laid down on the other side of the bed.

"I'm gonna let you suffer Jakey! Just so that kiss we have tomorrow will be amazing." Rooster just chuckled as he covered himself so the a blanket.

Hangman raised a brow and just chuckled.

"Fine".