Together in a War

Maverick laid on the bed until he heard a knock at the door. The boys were all asleep, so he got up and opened the door .

He saw Ice.

"Ice?" He said tiredly

"I realized, how important our time together is especially right now in this war. So, I booked a room so we can spend time together, just watch movies, whatever you want to do." Ice said as he handed him a rose.

Maverick was surprised. "You didn't have to hun... I know you're busy."

"But spending time with you before I'm gone for a few weeks is more important. I can write the report on the plane tomorrow..." Ice said with a soft smile.

Maverick smiled softly and kissed him. "Alright... as long as you're good with it."

The two got to their room. Ice took his uniform off and changed into his comfortable clothes. He sighed in relief as he ruffled his hair so it didn't feel like it was stuck in place.

Maverick walked over to Ice and just hugged him. Ice just hugged him back tightly and finally took a deep breath.

"I love you so much..." ice said.

Maverick smiled softly and nodded and looked at him. "And I love you so much. My lovely admiral." He said as he rubbed his cheek.

Ice kissed his cheek and then kiss his neck. Maverick let him and relaxed. He loved being this close to him...

He hated being away from him. He hated it where he has to watch Ice suffer from a distance.

Ice pulled from him and looked at him. "I'm sorry for being... neglectful." He said.

"What are you talking about? You're not neglectful... you're the Fleet Admiral, you're going to be busy and were in a war." Maverick said.

"I know..." he sighed and went over to the bed and sat on it.

"I just didn't want you to see me sick..." he said as Maverick sat next to him.

"Ice... I'm here to help you through your sickness. I can't sit here and not help you. That's why we made that oath years ago. for better or for worse, in sickness and in health. That's why I'm here..." Maverick said.

Ice just leaned his head against mavericks. "I know..."

"You were there for my recovery after being a POW, now it's my turn to be here for however long this battle goes on." Maverick said. Ice just teared up.

"Let me take care of you for once, let me look out for you, and let me fight for you. Okay?" Mavericks heart hurt when he saw Ice like this, all he wanted to do was to help.

"Okay." Ice said as he wiped his eyes.

"Good..." Maverick lifted his head up. He just looked at him and pulled him into a kiss. Ice kissed him back as tears fell.

Maverick was careful not to hurt him. "Let me take care of you tonight... okay?" Ice just nodded slightly and kissed him again.

The next morning. Ice was asleep. His hair was a mess. Maverick was on the phone.

"Yes. Yes he will be up within the hour... I'll let him know. Yes Mr. President, I took note of everything you told me. He will have all of it ready. Great. Have a good morning. Good bye." Maverick hung up.

He looked over at Ice who was knocked out. He had relaxed look on his face. Maverick got back in bed next to him and kissed his cheek, down his neck, and to his back.

"Wake up Admiral..." Maverick smirked. He knew Ice hated that.

Ice groaned in annoyance. "Don't call me Admiral when we're in bed..." he said as pushed himself up.

"Oh? You didn't mind it last night." Maverick said with a smirk. Ice looked at him, and then tackled him onto the bed and hovered over top of him. His dog tags dangled as he looked at Maverick.

Maverick loved seeing his hair a mess. He loved seeing him look happy and alive. Like he was living life.

Ice leaned down and kissed him. Maverick touched Ices neck slightly as he did. "Love you..." ice said with a soft smile.

"I know..." Maverick said as the two sat up. Maverick threw a shirt at Ice.

"Look presentable." He said as he got up and out of bed to pull his flight suit on.

"I don't look presentable now?" Ice asked with a smile. Maverick looked at him, lookin up and and down. "You look presentable to me for sure, but maybe not to the President of the United States." Ice simply laughed.

Maverick just listened to the laugh. One he hadn't heard in awhile. He smiled softly and kept telling Ice jokes just to make him laugh.

"Music to my ears." He said as he pulled his shorts and shirt on. He pulled his flight suit up and over everything.

Ice smiled softly as he took his meds. He went into the bathroom, changed into his dress blues and stepped out. His hair was combed back and he had his cap under his arm.

He didn't bring anything into the room besides himself, so he didn't need to pack. Maverick pulled his boots on and looked at Ice.

"Ready to go?" Maverick said.

Ice simply walked over to him, pulled him over to him by his waist and kissed him. Maverick loved this.

He kissed him back with a smile.

"Yeah..." Ice said. Maverick smiled softly. "Also, I took a message for you from the president. Apparently he's flying to Hawaii with you and wanted me to let you know." Maverick said.

"Alright. Thank you. Let's go then." Ice took Mavericks hand into his and stepped out into the hallway down to where the other five were.

Maverick unlocked the door and saw all of them already to go. "Hey dad!" Rooster said. Ice nodded at rooster, and rooster just smiled.

"Alright let's go!"

"Quick question. Where am I going..." hangman said.

"You'll fly with me. I accidentally took Phoenixes old two seater here, so you'll sit in the back."

"Perfect. Now we can go."