Back

Phoenix left the trio in the car and walked into the hospital. She checked in and walked down to his room.

She took a deep breath before she entered. She stepped in and saw Bob sitting up. He was putting his glasses on as he pulled his wheelchair closer to his bed.

"Hey..." she said as she smiled softly seeing him. He looked at her and smiled tiredly. "Natasha..." she walked over and helped him up and sat him in the wheelchair.

"How are you doing?" He asked her. She knelt down in front of him. "Much better knowing you're okay..." she said as she adjusted his glasses. He scanned for any signs of exhaustion.

He saw the faint bags under her eyes.

"You haven't been sleeping..." he quickly said. She sighed and stood up. "Been busy. Now! Let's get you home." She said as she started to push him out of the room.

They went to the front desk. She was signing a bunch release forms and was then given permission to take him home.

As she pushed him outside to the car the three in the vehicle jumped out and cheered. "BOB! THE SURVIVOR!" They all cheered.

Bob laughed and smiled softly. "Thanks guys.." he said as she parked him right by the passenger side door.

She tried to pry the car door open. It was stuck. As she stood there she had a flashback to when she crashed. She rubbed her neck and shook it away.

Bob looked at her worryingly as she opened the door and helped him up. "You okay?" He asked her quietly.

"Yes Bob... I am." She got him into the car and buckled him as the others got in as she got into the drivers seat.

She backed up and drove back to the barracks. Bob winced slightly as she went over a bump. She glanced at him but then continued to drive.

She pulled into the barracks and immediately got out and went over to Bobs side. "Do you want a wheelchair?" She asked him with a soft smile.

"Nah... I can walk. I just need to hold onto someone." She nodded and helped him up. "I got you." She said as the three got out of the car. They watched the two walk up the stairs.

"I kinda ship them." Fanboy said to Payback and Coyote quietly. Both them shrugged and then nodded. They noted the extreme patience Phoenix had for Bob. She has never gotten mad at him.

The duo made it to their barracks. She helped him to the couch and closed the door. He sighed as he leaned his head back. "Finally... home." He said.

She smiled softly at that as she took her shoes off. "I bet it feels awesome to be back." She said as she opened the curtains

He nodded as he sighed. She noticed that he still had the same shirt on from the crash. "They couldn't even give you a new shirt..." she said as she became annoyed.

"Nah... they forgot I guess." Bob said as he looked at her, noticing her annoyance by that. "Stupid hosptial..." she said as she walked to his room and grabbed a shirt from his drawers.

"Are you able to lift your shirt up?" She asked him. He turned his head and shook his head.

"I figured. Hangman was the same when he got back." She walked over and lifted his gross shirt over his head, but then she paused.

She saw the gauze.

She lowered her hands and sighed. "I'm so sorry..."

He looked at her confused. "What're you apologizing for?" He said concerned.

"You're like this cause of me..." she said as gripped the shirt in her hands.

The moment he got shot replayed in her mind over and over again as she looked at the gauze. She lowered her head and wiped her eyes. Bob winced and hugged her gently.

"Natasha... don't forget that the reason we crash was cause of the enemy. Not you." He said calmly. She hugged him back and teared up more.

"I know... but I can't tell your family that at your funeral." She said as her voice shook slightly. "You don't have to now." He said as he pulled from the hug and looked at her.

She quickly wiped her eyes but suddenly she felt him wipe tears off her cheek. He was so gentle and kind.

"Don't cry..." he said reassuringly. He took her hand and placed it against his chest where his heart is.

"What do you feel..." he asked her.

"Your heartbeat..." she said as she looked at him.

"If you ever need reassurance..." he squeezed her hand gently. "Just remember my heart Is beating cause you saved it."

She nodded slightly and looked at him. "I'm... im just afraid of this happening again."

"Even if it does, Natasha... I won't blame you at all." He said as he smiled softly. She nodded and pulled the shirt over his head.

She looked at him and sighed. "Want some dinner?" She said with a soft smile.

He smiled softly and nodded. "I have been dying for your cooking." He chuckled. She got up and walked over to the kitchen and put some rice into a bowl, and put warm stew right on top.

She walked back over and handed it to him. "Here... it's beef stew. Your favorite." She said as she walked down to her room.

He smiled faintly as he started to eat. "She remembered..."

Later that night, Bob fell asleep on the couch while Natasha did stuff around the apartment. She unpacked his things, threw their flight suits into the washer, and finally started to look at the medications he had to take.

Prazosin.

She raised a brow as she grabbed her phone and googled what it was.

Prazosin has been proven to be safe and effective in the management of nightmares and sleep disturbances associated with PTSD and is indicated where these distressing symptoms are present.

She glanced over at him. She noticed him gripping the couch slightly as he slept. She walked over to him and held his hand as he slept.

"I got you... I got you Robert." She said calmly. He relaxed ever so slightly.

"I'm gonna bring you back home okay?" She said as she rubbed his knuckles. He was still in his nightmare but he was a little bit more relaxed.

She leaned back against the couch and continued to hold his hand as he slept.

"No matter what... I got you..."