Ace

Ice went down to the medbay and saw her reading. He knew she was still upset.

"Hey kid." Ice said as he walked over to her bed, and sat beside her bed.

She closed her book and looked at him. "What did you do?" She asked. He looked at her and smiled tiredly.

"I have him on a helicopter heading back to the states to be processed out of the navy." He said seriously. She nodded slightly and sighed.

Ice noticed how she was quiet. He then cleared his throat. "You're an ace now." He said as he pulled out his phone.

She looked at him surprised. "I am?"

"Yes you are. You have two confirmed kills before you crashed. You officially are an ace. One of the only female aces since WWII. There has only been two." He said with a soft smile.

Her eyes lit up. "No way..."

"Yes you are." Ice said with a chuckle. He handed her her phone. "Tell Maverick. He would love to meet another Ace." He said as he stood.

"I gotta head back to Oahu kiddo. Be safe, and don't be afraid to call me if you need anything." She nodded and scrolled through her phone.

"Do I tell them I crashed..." she said worried. Ice looked at her and thought about it.

"Yes. They need to know why you're in a sling. I know they haven't called Bob yet. You'll have to do that too." She nodded as she pressed Bobs number first.

"Have a safe trip back Admiral." She said with a soft smile. He nodded and waved as he walked out to the deck

She pressed Bobs name and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey hun! Sorry I haven't been able to call you back. These conferences have been exhausting." He said with a chuckle. She smiled softly and nodded.

"I bet. Are they going well?" She asked.

"Oh yeah. They're going wonderfully. How's everything? Anything new with you?" He said as he picked up some files.

"I crashed yesterday." She said.

Bob dropped his files. "Natasha? Are you okay?! What happened!? Was it the enemy?"

"Yes yes... I'm fine. My arm is in a sling, and my legs beat up but I'm fine. It was due to my team not listening to me, and resulted in me taking a hit from the side." She said. Bob sounded as if he sat down panicked.

"Oh my gosh..." he said. He took his glasses off. "So no life threatening injuries? Everything's okay?" He said worried.

"Yeah... everything's alright. I figured I'd tell you so you wouldn't have to find out through the navy." She said.

"Oh thank you... I appreciate it." He said with a sigh of relief.

"Oh and I wanted to let you know I'm officially an Ace now." She said with a smile. Bob smiled and cheered.

"Yes!! YES! How many did you shoot down!?" He said with the brightest smile on his face.

"I got two, so I went over by one." She said with a smile. She didn't think he would get so excited.

"I am so proud of you sweetheart. Oh my gosh yes. When you come home we will celebrate." He said with such proudness in his voice.

"Sounds good to me. Tell the group for me. I'm gonna call Maverick and tell him."

"Of course. He will be excited to meet another ace." Bob said with a chuckle.

"Alright. I love you, I'll call you later." She said.

"Love you too! Happy you're okay, and I'm proud of you. Bye!"

"Bye." She hung up and smiled softly to herself. She scrolled and called Maverick.

Maverick was sitting in his office at Top Gun sifting through candidates for the school.

His office phone rang. He raised a brow and picked it up.

"This Admiral Michell, how may I help you?" He said.

"Ah I wanted to test your office phone to see if it works." Phoenix said with a chuckle. Maverick chuckled.

"Hi Phoenix... how's everything? Did the situation get taken care of and how are you feeling?" He said with concern.

"Yeah... it got taken care of. Ice flew down here personally, and took care of him." She said, as she realized how thankful she was for Maverick and Ice.

"Good. I'm glad you're okay. What happened wasn't appropriate so, I'm glad Ice took care of it." He said with relief.

"Yeah..." she said as a smile appeared on her face. "I'm an ace now." She said with excitement.

Maverick looked up from his computer. "You're a what!?" He said as Rooster walked into his office. Maverick cheered and punched the air.

"Yes! I'm so proud of you! You have six now!? You have more than me!" He said as he looked at Rooster with a smile.

He put her on speaker. "Bradley! Natasha's an ace now!" Rooster cheered and clapped. "How many are you at!?" He asked.

"I'm at six now!" She said.

Maverick was so proud. "Look at you go kid. I'm so proud. Keep it up! At this rate you're gonna be just like Ice."

Phoenix thought about that.

"Dang. That would be an accomplishment." She said.

"Well... I have to go. My nurse is here to do check ups. Tell him I said thank you, and rooster I hope you're enjoying your honeymoon." She said.

Rooster laughed. "If you mean flying sorties everyday, then yes I'm enjoying my honeymoon." He said with an smirk.

"Ahhh then you definitely having fun. Be safe. Bye!" She hung up.

Rooster looked at Maverick. "You got a son and a daughter now huh." He said as he sat down. Maverick nodded and sat down.

"Ice and I wanted to adopt a little sister for you, but we never were able to." Mav said as his assistant brought in some documents for him. He nodded in thanks and looked at them

Rooster rubbed his neck and looked at him. "When do you think Hickam Base is going to get attacked?" Rooster asked.

Maverick looked at him and sighed worryingly.

"Don't know, but soon..."