Four

- 4 months out -

Bob was standing in his classroom writing on the board the homework assignments for his class. He was tired and the school day just started.

He was about to say something when his watch vibrated. He looked and saw "7 Ducklings Calling...." He smiled and looked at the class.

"You all have work time! Don't be loud!" He said as they started working. He went over to his phone and answered.

Suddenly only one screen showed up. "Bob... this is serious." Hangman Suddenly said as he appeared.

"What is so serious that you are interrupting my class?" Bob said.

"Oh yeah. Forgot you're a teacher... ANYWAYS. Someone in our group cut their hair. Wanna take a guess?" Hangman said with a smirk.

"Well... I know it's not you. Rooster doesn't let anyone touch his hair, fanboys hair is always buzzed... so it's either Coyote or Payback." Bob said extremely sure in himself, despite him forgetting one other person.

"Well.... You are WRONG! Coyote will never cut his hair, and I won't let him, and Payback won't be touching his curls." Hangman said as he waited for the realization to kick in. Hangman raised a brow and then his eye went wide.

"That's why she hasn't FaceTimed me yet... lemme see!" He said anxiously.

"Hold on! We're waiting for her to land. She took out another jet today. She's at four. One more she will be an ace!" He said as a jet landed on the ramp. Bob was really excited but also really annoyed that this was the reason why she wasn't FaceTiming him at all.

Hangman chuckled as he flipped the camera around and showed a Phoenix walking over with her helmet on. Bob stared for a bit. He looked good as always.

"Phoenixxx. take the helmet off! The boyfriend is here!" Hangman said. Phoenix's eyes lit up.

"Hi babe!" She said as she took her helmet off. She had the most BADASS side cut he had ever seen. She looked spectacular.

"You look beautiful my dear!" Bob said with a smile. Suddenly his students started to come over. "Is that Mrs, Floyd!?" The kids said as they looked at his phone.

"Mrs. Floyd? Last I checked I was the only one who is barely engaged." Hangman said. Phoenix walked over and stole the phone. She waved at all the kids and showed them the planes. They all got an smile as Bob ushered them back to their seats.

"So... I'm Mrs. Floyd over there?" She said with a smirk. Bob then got flustered but looked at the kids. "Get ready guys were going to recess in 5 minutes!" He said.

He looked at her. "They called you that. Not me." He chuckled. She smiled at that when suddenly a kid walked over to him, crying.

"Mr. Floyd, May I talk to you?" She said as she wiped her eyes. Bob nodded and placed his phone on the table.

"How May I help you lily?" He said lovingly. She wiped her eyes as she took deep breaths. "M-my mommy lost my daddy two days ago. And she hasn't been talking to me much... and now I don't have a daddy. I... I feel like she's mad at me."

Phoenix listened as the other kids left for recess.

Bob carefully picked the little girl up and held her in his arms as he wiped her tears. "Lily, your mommy isn't mad at you. She's just sad and doesn't want to worry you." He said reassuringly.

Lily sniffled and nodded as she looked at him. "I miss my dad..." she said as more tears welled in her eyes. He sighed and nodded. "I know... don't worry. I bet he's very proud of everything that you've done so far." He said as he wiped more tears.

She leaned her head on his shoulder and wiped her eyes. He simply held her and hummed softly as he walked around the room.

Phoenix listened and smiled sadly as she imagined the scene, but then she thought of the little girl who was heart broken now.

Bob put Lily down and handed her some candy from his desk. "Now, my dear little Lily, everything is going to be okay. Your mama will talk to you today, I know it, and make sure to smile for her okay?" He said as he wiped the stray tears.

She nodded as he sighed softly as he looked at her. "Ready to go to recess?" She nodded and smiled softly.

"Thank you Mr. Floyd." She ran off outside as Bob walked over to the FaceTime.

"Sorry about that." He said.

"No need to apologize. You were doing your job." She said as she looked at him. "You're good with kids." She said as she walked into her crowded room.

"Why thank you." He said as he sipped his coffee. He was watching the kids at recess. She was going to say something when rooster stole the phone.

"Finally I have my phone back. Bob say goodbye to Phoenix. It's gonna die." He said.

"Bye Natasha! I love you, don't hurt the guys too much." He said. Phoenix sighed and chuckled. "Love you too! See you soon!" Rooster hung up.

Phoenix glared at him as she took off her flight suit. Everyone was in her room doing their own thing. "Upset?"

"A bit..." she said sadly.

"You miss him don't you?" Hangman said from the top bunk where Bob would sleep.

"Yeah..." she said as she took her shirt off and pulled another one on.

"We all miss someone. I really miss Mav and Ice..." rooster said. "Since we're at war I don't hear from
them as much." Rooster said as he plugged his phone in.

"I haven't heard from my family in awhile too." Fanboy said as he pulled out a deck of cards. Payback nodded in agreement.

"Same here. It's been difficult." Payback said as he laid on the ground.

They all missed home.

And home missed them.