Late Night

After the group helped Bob get into a less chaotic mood, he made his way up to his and Phoenixes room.

He knocked and then walked in. She was in the bed reading as she turned her gaze to him. "You okay?" She asked him. He simply nodded as he placed the ring in his side table.

"Yes... I'm alright." He said as he rubbed his neck. She looked at him, and then moved across the bed and hugged him from behind.

"Are you telling me the truth?" She said as she kissed the back of his neck. He took a deep breath as she continue. She got off the bed and stood in front of him, lifting his chin upwards. She met his gaze and rubbed his cheek. She could pry the truth out of him any time.

"No... I'm stressed, upset, sad, and tense." He said. He didn't break eye contact with her. She nodded slightly as she held his face as she leaned forward and kissed him.

He kissed her back letting her do what she wanted. She broke the Kiss slightly and looked at him again. "Am I helping at all?" She asked quietly.

He nodded as a small smile went across her face. "I'm not gonna do anything crazy okay?" She said as she sat on his lap. He sat against the headboard holding her.

"Alright?" He said as he felt relaxed simply by her presence. He leaned his head back as she kissed his neck slightly.

This relaxed him a lot and Phoenix enjoying doing this, so it was a win win honestly. He closed his eyes as his mind started to clear.

She stopped after a bit and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Feeling better?" She said as she looked at her work proudly.

He nodded tiredly as he took his glasses off.  He sighed as he wrapped his arms around her. He closed his eyes as she curled up against him. She knew he took comfort in physical touch.

"You're still worried..." she said as she closed her eyes. "Yeah... I know. Can't help it in this situation..." he said as he imagined walking into his mothers room and finding her.... Let's not go there.

He squeezed the hug slightly but she rubbed his chest slightly. "Relax my love..." she said as she sat up and looked at him.

"It'll be worse if you keep whatever you're feeling...in here." She said as she pointed at his chest. He sighed knowing she was right.

He didn't want to bring up the ring his mother gave him.  "I'm just scared..." he said looking at her.

"I'm scared for the future, this war, everything... what if I lose you forever? What if I lose the entire squad forever? What if my father tears me apart tomorrow... what if my mom dies without me saying goodbye?" He said starting to spiral.

He closed his eyes as he felt himself breathing quickly until he felt a warmth cover him. He opened his eyes up as his breathing calmed down. Phoenix hugged him gently and started to hum.

He teared up and leaned his head against hers and melted into her arms.

"I know it's hard being here. Especially when he has shown no interest in actually seeing you. Please know that you may think you don't have a genuine father, but, maverick... ice... they're your parents, they're all of our parents. They actually care for us..." she said.

Bob teared up more and nodded and he held her close. "You understand?" She said as she kissed his cheek. He simply nodded.

"Good..." she said as she pulled from him and motioned him to lay down. He laid down and sighed tiredly. She looked at him and rubbed his cheek as she looked at him.

"And even if we didn't have Ice and Mav, you got my mom." She said with a soft smile.

Bob nodded slightly as he just gazed at her. Her hair was down and in her face. He leaned forward and kissed her.

"What would I do without you..." he said as he pulled away. She smiled tiredly and chuckled. "Whatever you wanted."

He chuckled and sighed. "Who knows..." he said as she got up and turned off the lights. She curled up next to him and held him close.

"But... let's just focus on the fact we have each other..." she said as she fell asleep. He kept her close and nodded.

"Sounds good..."

Hangman was in his room with Rooster playing on his phone. Rooster walked out of the bathroom drying his hair. Hangman looked at whistled.

"Damnnn. Look at my fiancé." He said teasingly. Rooster rolled his eyes at him as he walked over. "Don't you know catcalling isn't nice." Rooster said as he flicked his head.

"Yeahhh I know. But I would only do it to you." Hangman said with a chuckle. Rooster simply chuckled and sat next to him in the bed.

"Sounds good to me." Hangman closed his book and looked at Rooster.

"How the hell did we get here..." hangman asked.

"By a plane." Rooster said with a smirk. Hangman frowned. "I was about to compliment our beautiful relationship, I take it all back due to that comment."

"Nooo don't." Rooster said as he laid his head on his lap. Hangman rolled his eyes. "What I meant was how did we get to this point. This point of being a couple..."

Rooster looked at him and thought about it. "You asked me to go with you to a wedding. That's honestly where I believe where it started to become mutual. I had an idea before, but I truly set in during the wedding."

Hangman nodded. "I can see that... and now we're engaged to married after the war." He said as he looked at him.

"Who would've thought the sarcastic pain in the ass would be my soon to be  husband." Rooster said with a smirk.

Hangman smiled softly and sighed. "Who would've thought the cute pilot with the sweetest smile would be mine?"

Rooster blushed softly and sighed.

"Trying to make me feel bad?" Rooster said.

Hangman smiled softly and chuckled.

"Just saying the truth."