Lash

Everyone looked at Hangman wondering why he said that to Rooster.

"Wish I would've known who I was pretending to be before I got signed up for this." Rooster annoyed.

"You didn't have to take it further than what you did, you know that right?" Hangman snapped back.

"Oh really? Should I have let you look so miserable the entire time at the wedding?" Rooster barked right back at him.

"I didn't ask you to be so damn serious about it! And you thought I was miserable? Please... I was doing just fine." Hangman said as he shoved rooster away from him.

"Oh... so you were doing just fine when you ran and cried away from your family?" rooster said as he caught himself.

Phoenix knew this was going to get bad. "Rooster... hangman." She said as she got up to step between the two.

"I asked you to play a role, and you did. Good job for you! I was going to even pay you until you told me no!" Hangman said as Maverick and Iceman started to come back in.

"Then maybe we shouldn't do this... anymore." Rooster said pointing at the two of them. Hangman's expression turned from anger to one of sadness.

"Knew this was going to happen. It was too damn good to be true. My crush telling me he isn't into guys and then kissing me, at a wedding, and taking me to bed. I guess you thought had to continue playing the role Hm..." hangman said with venom in his voice.

"I wish I never kissed you." Hangman said as he walked out of the hangar.

Everyone was shocked. Maverick sighed as Iceman went after Hangman. Rooster looked at everyone and then turned to leave. Maverick grabbed his arm.

"What the hell were you thinking..." Maverick said.

"I wasn't..." rooster said sadly. "I'm gonna be at your house tonight. I have a feeling he won't want to see me." He walked out of the hangar leaving the other five there.

Coyote looked dejected at the fact his best friend didn't even tell him he was in a relationship. Phoenix looked disappointed in the fact that now, the happy couple was no longer happy, and the other three were just confused as hell.

Nobody knew what to do.

Hangman was crying as the horrible memories came rushing back to him.

He thought to the day when he got the confirmation that Henry was gone. He struggled with it so bad... but now he felt himself crumbling.

This is why he has his cocky personality, his 'I can do anything, and beat anyone' personality. It was so he could protect people.

Especially those he loved.

He sat on the ground outside as he heard the door open. "Bradley, I am not in the mood to talk to you."

"Thank goodness I'm not Bradley..." iceman said. Hangman jumped up and was surprise.

"Sir..." he said as he quickly started to wipe his face. Iceman walked over and just pulled him into a hug.

"I was deployed on that mission where he got shot down. He was a good person. It hurt a lot hearing he passed. I didn't even know you were there." He said as he pulled from the hug.

"You're a lot like me kid." Iceman said as he sat down. Hangman just looked at him, confused as to whether that was a good or bad thing. Ice patted the cement next to him, which prompted Hangman to sit next to him.

"Are you here to scold me for not tell Rooster or..." hangman asked.

"Hah! No... I'll be speaking to him tonight. He pushed too far, but I think his reason why he doesn't like secrets is because Mav and I had kept secrets from him for a long time. I don't approve of how he approached this, but... I understand where he is coming from." Iceman said.

Hangman nodded slightly. He was kinda glad iceman wasn't against him.

"How long did you two have till you went home?" Ice asked Hangman. Hangman figured he was talking about Henry. He thought about it.

"4 days." He said. Ice shook his head at that and sighed.

"I'm so sorry..." Ice said again.

"It couldn't be helped." Hangman said as he looked at the ring he placed on his finger. "I know I just started dating Rooster, but... I feel as if this relationship can go far, I'm just terrible at... communicating." Hangman said as he thought back to when they were.

"Well... believe it or not, I was too. I wouldn't tell maverick anything, I wouldn't even tell him about my PTSD." Ice said as he messed with his wedding ring.
"But one day... we had a fight like this. And we argued and argued. And we argued to the point I cried." Ice said as he thought back to that day and chuckled.

"The moment I cried, Maverick... maverick became gentler. And asked me what was going on. It was what I needed." Ice said as he stood up. The wind blew gently as he did.

"Communication is how we have lasted for so long." He said with a loving tone.

"You two need to talk. You and rooster just need to talk. Cause, Bradley has his own issues that I bet he isn't talking about." Hangman thought about that and sighed.

"You're right-" as he said that his phone rang. He pulled it out and saw that it was Cyclone. He raised a brow and answered. Ice watched him closely as he spoke to Cyclone.

"When do I leave?" Hangman asked. His expression changed to a fairly disappointed one.

"Understood... I'm at the hangar. I have my travel bag already ready. Okay. Yes sir..." hangman said as he got up and hung up.

"You're being deployed aren't you." Ice said. Hangman nodded. "You're not gonna like who they're sending with me." Hangman said as Maverick came outside holding his phone.

Ice looked at maverick and sighed. "You're leaving?"
Maverick walked over and nodded as Hangman walked inside.

"Thank you sir, I appreciate all the help." Hangman said as he left the two.

Ice nodded and then looked at Maverick.

"Where are you being sent?"

"Afghanistan."