Dance

They came back in and everyone was dancing except Jakes mother. She saw them come in. She promptly ran over to him. Concern was all over her face.

"Sweetie..."

"I'm sorry mom... it's been just a lot in the past few days." She nodded as she motioned him to sit with her. "Wanna talk about it?"

Hangman looked at Rooster. Rooster smiled softly and kissed his cheek. "I'll be dancing. Maybe I'll find a piano." He chuckled and walked away.

Hangman smiled ever so slightly as he walked away. "He isn't the gentleman you were engaged to is he..." she said with concern.

He looked at her shocked. Her eyes already said she knew the truth. He simply sighed and sat down as he nodded. "Nope... he... I'm not ready to talk about what happened."

She nodded as she sat next to him. "So who is Bradley?"

Hangman watched him danced friendly with his sister. "He is the guy I'm so badly in love with, he's the man who saved my life, he's my roommate, and he's my wingman." He said as he looked at her.

"So are you guys playing pretend?" She asked as she leaned back a bit. He just nodded.

"He... he's not into men. But, he has playing his part well." He said as he messed with his dog tags.

"Did you tell us you were in a relationship so the people here won't make fun of you? And so you wouldn't concern us?" Carol said with a sad tone.

"Yep... that's all." He said as he lowered his hands.

"Ah..." she said as she looked at him. She saw a longing on his face as he watch Rooster interact with his sisters.

"Well... I won't say anything my dear. Go spend time with your sisters, and boyfriend." She said as she extended her hand to him.

He shook his head and looked at her with a faint smile. "I'll just cause a disturbance." She knew he wasn't going to budge. She sighed and walked away.

Rooster glanced over at him as the groomsmen gathered around him asking him questions. Hangman looked as if he wanted to fight every single one of them.

Rooster downed his champagne in one and walked over. He shoved past them and grabbed hangman's hand. "Hey!?" Hangman said as everyone started to dance.

"Let me save you." Rooster said.

Hangman looked at him faintly surprised as the song "Let's Fall in Love for the Night" started to play. Rooster danced with him.

"What are you doing..." hangman said quietly as he danced with him. "I'm making you feel like the most important person here..." rooster said.

"There's no need, plus it's my sisters rehearsal..." hangman said.

"My dear Jake... your sisters groom isn't even dancing with her, all of his lame ass groomsmen don't even have a date, you're the only one here who's got it going tonight. Let me help you feel special." Rooster said.

Hangman was so glad that it was dark in the room, cause he felt his face get hot.

"What do you say?" Rooster said. His charisma shining through.

"Yes..." hangman simply said.

Rooster smiled softly and danced with him. Hangman honestly felt like he might've been imagining things.

The song came to a stop just as Rooster did. "How do you feel?" Rooster asked him.

"Much better..." Hangman said softly. The two stood there just gazing at each other until Annie ran over. "My darling brother. My lame groom isn't dancing with me, can you dance with me?" She said with a smile.

Hangman looked at Rooster and then back at his sister. "Of course." Rooster watched him walked off with his sister.

He immediately twirled her and laughed as she proceeded to trip over her own feet.

Carol walked over to Rooster and smiled softly. "Thank you for taking care of him." She said as she watched her son smile and laugh with Annie, who promptly punched his arm.

"No problem ma'am." He said as he sipped his champagne.

"Are you truly in love with my son?" She asked.

Rooster was confused by the questioning. "Of course I am." He said.

"Is this coming from the fake boyfriend or do you actually like my son?" She clarified. Rooster choked on his drink.

"He told you?" He asked as he recovered. She nodded. He watched him and rubbed his neck. "I don't know..." he said.

She nodded and sighed. "It's fine... I supposed you are just playing a part. Forget I asked." She said as she started to walk away.

"I'm sorry..." he said.

She looked at him. "Don't be... he said he's enjoying himself and your company. As long as he's happy, I'm happy." She smiled and walked off to say goodbye to people who were leaving.

Annie's groom came over and motioned for her and him to head to their rooms. Hangman waved to his sister and walked back over to Rooster.

"Ready to head upstairs?" Hangman asked. Rooster just looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah..." he said as he realized that he was getting to involved in this role. He placed his glass on the table and walked ahead of him. Hangman raised a brow and followed behind up to their room.

Rooster opened their room door and pulled his tie off and rubbed his neck as all of his interactions with Hangman rushed through his mind. "Shit..." he said quietly.

He quickly got out of his clothes and pulled on his pajamas as Hangman walked in. "Bradley?"

"I sleeping downstairs tonight. I need uh... some space." He said as he walked past Hangman to go to the couch.

Hangman watched him go but didn't say anything. He simply closed the door and stood in the dark. He took a deep breath as he started to unbutton his shirt. "Goodnight then.."

He eventually made his way to his bed and went under the covers. It felt weird not having Rooster here, or even in the same room.

He simply closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

He barely did.

All through the night, he was riddled with nightmares of his crash and his ex fiancé. He eventually fell asleep around 2 in the morning and had to be up at 8.