Flight

"I'm sorry to tell you rooster..." a man said to Rooster.  The man stood up quickly and stared at the person.

"Are they okay?"

"Hangman, Phoenix and Maverick... none of them made it out. They're gone..."

Rooster shot up in his bed panting and trying to catch his breath. He ripped his blankets off of himself and gripped his chest as he took deep breaths.

"He's alive you dumbass..." he said as he held his head. He sighed as he lowered his hands and looked at the clock.

3 am.

He just got up and went to the bathroom and decided to take a shower. He used ice cold water to wake himself up. The water hit his skin and he didn't even react.

He ran his hands through his hair and relaxed as water ran down his face.

Eventually he was done and got dressed in a tank top and sweats. He walked out and saw Hangman pulling on a hoodie.

"Morning..." rooster said as he glanced at the clock.

4 am.

"Sorry for taking a long shower." Rooster said as he picked up his carry on.

"You're all good. Let's just get the airport and finally have a breather." Hangman said with a tired chuckle.

Rooster watched him as he walked ahead. He looked more cuddly than usual. He had a hoodie on and sweats. Even his hair was fluffier than usual.

Hangman winced slightly as he picked up his suitcase. Rooster quickly rushed over and took the suitcase from him. "Just carry your carry on." Rooster said as he ushered Hangman out the door.

Hangman looked confused, since Rooster was carrying both of their suitcases and his own carry on.

"Isn't it heavy?" Hangman said.

"Nah. Just lock the door. I'll meet you at the car." He said as he walked ahead. Hangman just went with it and locked the house door and walked down the corridor.

By the time Hangman made it down the stairs (he was being ever so careful), everything was loaded into the car. Rooster was about to declare he was driving, "I'm driving." Hangman said as he snatched the keys from him.

Rooster was going to try and stop him but Hangman already made it into the driver seat and started the car. Rooster sighed and got into the passenger seat.

"You shouldn't be driving." Rooster said as he buckled his seat.

"Eh drivings fine." Hangman said as he buckled and plugged his phone in. He searched his music for a song. "Do you like Maroon 5?" He asked.

"Of course I love a band that is popular amongst teen girls." Rooster teased.

"Good, cause I'm playing his song first." Hangman said with a smile. He pressed play and started to drive.  He tapped the wheel as they drove off the base, and eventually started singing along.

Rooster looked at the song. 'It Was Always You'

He listened to the lyrics and started to sing along with Hangman.

The two laughed and sang along.

Woke up sweating from a dream
With a different kind of feeling

Rooster started to listen to the lyrics and started to realize. The song progressed until certain lyrics started to play.

Hazel eyes, I was so colour blind
We were just wasting time, uh-oh, yeah
For my whole life, we never crossed the line
Only friends in my mind but now I realis-

He quickly skipped the song. Hangman protested in annoyance, but let the song skip anyways. "Remind me not to play music around you." Hangman said annoyed.

Rooster didn't want to hear the rest of it. "Eh just got tired of it." He said as they pulled into the airport parking lot.

The two quickly went in, checked in, got through security and eventually got to sit at their gate for about 45 minutes.

It was an awkward silence in the airport, like there usually is. Rooster looked around and saw a piano. He saw that hangman was focused on his phone. He smirked and got up to go over to the piano.

He started to play his obviously signature song. Hangman looked up as he heard Great Balls of Fire playing.

People started to gather around listening.

Rooster sung and smiled as he played. Hangman watched him in awe. He couldn't understand how this man was capable of gathering peoples attention.

He would never get it.

He simply lifted his phone and took a picture of Rooster. He looked at the picture. Rooster was smiling and laughing with the crowd around him.

"Wow..." he said quietly.

The intercom went off saying their plane was ready to board. Rooster stood and bowed dramatically. Hangman crossed his arms and raised a brow.

"Still trying to get attention?" Hangman teased.

Rooster shrugged. "It was getting too quiet." He chuckled. "Come on, let's board our plane." Hangman nodded as he followed behind rooster.

He was about to grab his carry on when Rooster grabbed it before he could. Hangman just sighed.

He couldn't complain.

The duo got onto the plane and sank into their seats. Rooster texted Maverick.

Rooster: heading to Texas see you in a week

Old man: have fun, maybe you'll meet someone

Rooster : highly doubt that but whatever

Old man: ha. You are oblivious

Oblivious?

Rooster thought he was far from oblivious. He lowered his phone and thought about Maverick meant by that.

"Hangman, and am I-" he turned as he asked his question. Hangman was already asleep. Rooster sighed and leaned back as it started to rain outside as the plane taxied.

"I'll ask you later." He said quietly. He was looking out the window but found himself looking at Hangman. The longer he looked the more he saw significant features he had ever seen before.

He had freckles around his eyes and a new scar. He assumed it was from the crash from two days ago.

He flinched when Hangman shifted in his seat. Rooster just adverted his gaze and sighed and turned his phone to airplane mode. He glanced back over at Hangman and noticed a pained expression, but, he decided not to worry about it.

Probably was just having a nightmare.