Back Home

Everyone decided to go to Ice and Mavericks for a celebration.

Everyone drove themselves there since they all left their cars at the airport to await for their arrival.

Ice got to the house with Maverick first. He pulled up in the driveway. He turned off the car and looked at Maverick.

Maverick looked at him. "Yes, Admiral?"

"We're home." Ice said with hope in his voice.
Maverick realized that they both made it home.

He smiled softly and nodded. "We really did make it home..." Maverick looked at their home and admired the flowers out front, the faded paint and the American flag that was showing its age.

This is their home, and he took pride in it.

Ice kissed kissed his cheek. "Let's head inside and wait for everyone else to get here."
Maverick nodded and that and followed him inside.

The two went up to their room and started to get changed. Ice pulled his uniform jacket and shirt off. Maverick watched him slightly and saw the new scars on his back from the debris.

He walked over and gently ran his hands over Ices back. Ice let him as he looked for a comfortable shirt.

Maverick leaned forward and kissed his back. Ice suddenly relaxed as Maverick did so. Maverick turned him around and kissed ice.

Ice kissed him back and then kissed down his neck. Maverick closed his eyes slightly as ice did so. They haven't had the pleasure of being at home and just married for once.

They had been fulfilling their rules of admirals. Now, they had a chance to be Tom and Pete.

Maverick gripped Ices hair a bit until they heard the front door open.

"Heyyyyy!" They heard Rooster say. Ice sighed and moved from mavericks neck and put his forehead against his.

"It'll be okay. We can continue later." Maverick said as he continued to get out of his uniform. Ice obviously wanted to be close to Maverick right now but he just changed into his sweats and nodded.

He stole a quick kiss and then went downstairs to entertain the dagger squad.

Phoenix walked in with Bob. She looked more intimidating as of late. Literally everyone except her dagger squad thought so.

She had a side cut, was jacked, and was an ace. One of the only female ones too. Not a lot of men in her own unit liked it... but!

Bob loved it.

He loved her intimidating gaze, walk, and her whole vibe.

He now radiated the cute teacher who loves kids. A lot of people made fun of him, but!

Phoenix loved it.

Since they were so opposite, they were just drawn to each other and he just loved it.

The two went to the backyard where hangman and rooster were playing catch with a football. Phoenix just went and sat on the patio furniture as she watched the others play.

Bob glanced at her as he played with the others. He knew she was either bored or tired, but he stopped thinking that when he saw her looking at her engagement ring with a soft smile.

Ah. She's daydreaming about the wedding. He thought to himself. He just smiled and continued to play with the guys.

Everyone else showed up which prompted ice to start grilling. Phoenix was now playing football with the others.

Fanboy was playing on his Nintendo switch with Payback while Coyote watched him.

Maverick was grilling and jamming out to music. Bob was on the couch messing around his phone, but was promptly distracted as he saw Phoenix tackle rooster.

She was one on one and she was beating them bad. He thought that was... that was attractive as hell.

Phoenix laughed and chuckled as Rooster shoved her off of him. Hangman smirked and picked her up and proceeded to walk down the beach. Rooster followed in tow.

Bob grabbed a towel and made his way to the gate at the top of the beach. She promptly got thrown into the ocean but she brought both rooster and hangman down with her.

The two guys laughed as they helped her out of the water.

Phoenix waved them off and chuckled as she
continued to stand in the water. She simply stared at the ocean and felt tears prick her eyes.

She looked down slightly as she thought of Reaper and Junior. They were amazing pilots, and the enemy got them. Tears fell down her face as she closed her eyes.

"I'm so sorry you two... I'm sorry..." she said quietly. She suddenly felt a towel drape off her head. She held it and looked over and saw Bob.

He had his pants rolled up and sleeves rolled up. He simply walked over and started to dry her hair off. "It wasn't your fault. Last I checked, you didn't order the air strike." He said gently. He knew how she took this.

She took it hard.

She looked at him and then looked down. "If I knew the enemy had another fleet we would've been okay... they would have been able to come home." Her voice got choked up.

Bob simply hugged her gently. She tried to push him away. "Stop... I don't wanna get you wet..." she said as she wiped her eyes.

"I don't care if you get me soaked right now, I'm gonna make sure you feel better. As your future husband, I have to." He said with a soft as he pulled away and looked at her.

She looked at him and sighed with a soft smile. Simply she turned her eyes back to the ocean. "And I don't deserve you..." she said softly.

He leaned forward and kissed her cheek. "And I don't deserve you." She turned and kissed him. A soft smile appeared on her face.

He simply looked at her and basked in the fact that she was home now. He could see her, hear her, feel her, and be near her again.

"Come on..." he extended his hand to her.

"Let's go eat."